Days remaining to deadline: 42
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Event Dates: 5/25/24 - 7/6/24
With support from the California Arts Council, Blue Line Arts is hosting a variety group show of LGBTQIA+ visual artists. Addressing a community-identified need for increased representation, understanding, and inclusion, the exhibitions and an accompanying series of intergenerational arts programs will elevate LGBTQIA+ voices in Placer County and the surrounding region.
This will provide exhibition opportunities for roughly 50 artists and educate the public regarding the broad spectrum of diversity of lived experiences that exists within the LGBTQ community.
During an opening reception for the exhibition, local LGBTQ support organizations will be invited to table in the gallery, raising visibility for local support services and connecting LGBTQ individuals with a broader community.
All elements of the program will be provided free of charge to participants and audiences. Blue Line Arts will provide resources and information about local LGBTQ support services, helplines, and community groups throughout the duration of the show and workshops.
The jury committee for this opportunity will feature two California Artists and Curators: William Ishmael & Nick Maltagliati
More information can be found on our website: https://www.bluelinearts.org/alphabet-soup
This application is free and open to all LGBTQIA+ artists and allies!
You must be avaliable for the events on the following important dates:
Application deadline: Online applications must be submitted by 5:00pm PST on April 6th, 2024
Show dates: May 25th - July 6th, 2024
Notifications: Results will be sent by 5pm PST on April 20th, 2024
Shipping deadline of work to Blue Line Arts: May 1st, 2024
Hand deliver work to Blue Line Arts: May 19th & 20th from 10am-3pm
Opening Reception: Saturday June 15th, 2024 from 5pm to 7pm
Pick up any unsold work from Blue Line Arts: July 7th & 8th, 2024 from 10am-3pm
- There is no application fee to apply to this call!
- Open to artists in the USA!
- All artwork must be original and completed within the last 5 years.
- Artwork cannot have been previously exhibited at Blue Line Arts
- All wall hung artworks must be ready to hang with appropriate hardware. All frames and canvases must have a wire installed prior to delivery.
- All artwork must be individually for sale
- No accepted entry may be withdrawn or sold outside of the exhibition prior to the closing date
- Blue Line Arts handles all sales transactions. Non-member artists receive a 50% commission from all gallery sales and members receive a 60% commission.
- The artist is responsible to pay for all shipping and should have a prepaid label from FedEx or UPS (No US Mail) for return of artwork.