Days remaining to deadline: 56
Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $25.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Event Dates: 5/13/24 - 5/10/25
Jury Dates: 2/1/24 - 2/9/24
The Arts Council Wichita Falls opens the 20th annual Sculpture Garden exhibit at the Kemp Center for the Arts on May 11, 2024. All forms of outdoor sculpture will be considered, provided it meets the requirements of the prospectus. The juror for this event is noted Texas sculptor Sharon Kopriva (sharonkopriva.com).
|Installation Location:||The Kemp Center For The Arts, 1300 Lamar Street, Wichita Falls, Texas 76301|
|Exhibit duration:||12 months|
|Eligibility:||National, any artist|
|Stipends:||$1500 total (half on completed installation / half on completed deinstallation)|
|Prizes:||1st ($2500), 2nd ($1500), 3rd ($500)|
|Other Requirements:||Artist are expected to attend the opening reception on May 11, 2024 (hotel provided)|
|Number of entries allowed:||3|
|Contact:||Kristine Thueson, 940-767-2787 ex 202 or firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Entry Application:||CAFÉ website (callforentry.org)|
Duration: Sculptures will be on display for 12 months from installation in May 2024. Artwork must remain on display for the entirety of the exhibit.
Stipends: Artists will be provided with an installation stipend totaling $1500 (one thousand five hundred), to be paid $750 on completed installation and $750 on completed deinstallation.
Awards: Three cash awards will be given as determined by the juror/judge: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes ($2500, $1000, $500 respectively). These awards will be announced at the opening reception. Award money will be distributed within 30 days of judging.
Reception: Artists are expected to attend the opening reception on May 11, 2024. Artists attending the opening reception will be provided with 1 (one) hotel room for up to 2 (two) nights.
Deinstallation: Artists will be notified of their pick-up date and time by the installer no less than 30 days prior to removal date in 2025.
The Kemp Center For The Arts
1300 Lamar Street
Wichita Falls, TX 76301
• Artists may submit up to three (3) pieces for consideration.
• Artwork should be in a completed state (no proposal drawings).
• The exhibit space surrounds a public building with areas both in open sunlight and shaded by large trees. An irrigation system (including sprinklers) is in place.
• Artwork will be placed on a steel plate on soft ground. There are NO concrete installation areas available.
• Location of artwork will be made at the discretion of the contracted installer and Arts Council WF staff.
• Sculpture should be garden-sized or larger (at least 3 feet in any one dimension is recommended).
• Acceptable media includes metal, stone, ceramic, or any other durable material that will withstand the elements and abuse of an outdoor display. Artwork must be able to withstand routine outdoor wear-and-tear including contact with the irrigation system.
• Pieces must have the capacity to be attached to ¼” steel plate for installation or safely rest on bare ground.
• Artists are responsible for delivery and pick up of all artwork; any shipping must be provided and paid for at the artist’s sole expense.
• Artwork does not need to be for sale to be exhibited. If artwork is listed for sale, The Arts Council WF will receive a 30% commission and will collect and process the appropriate sales tax in addition to the sales price. The Arts Council WF will not provide transportation for sold items. Transportation and site installation will be coordinated between the artist and the purchaser.
Please contact Kristine Thueson at email@example.com if you have any questions about the eligibility of a piece.