Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Literary
Entry Deadline: 12/2/13
Number of Applications Allowed: 4
Entries from each of the four categories will be blind reviewed by a panel of experts in the corresponding discipline. Winners in each of the categories will be showcased in Passages, a Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) annual publication dedicated to the competition. Winners are honored at an annual creative writing awards dinner. GENERAL ELIGIBILTY:
- A contestant must have been "for credit" student at one of the MCCCD colleges (All faculty excluded) when the composition was created..If they are not currently enrolled that is acceptable as long as they were when the composition was created.
- Entries must be works written during the students' enrollment in credit courses at a MCCCD college.
- Students who have won First Place in a category are not eligible to participate again in that category.
- Entries must be submitted online no later than 10:59 p.m., Friday, November 22, 2013.
- Only one entry per category may be submitted by an individual.
- Entries cannot be works from a previous publication, or previously submitted for any MCCCD Creative Writing Competitions.
- MAXIMUM LENGTH: Poetry - 67 lines Fiction - 3,000 words Essay - 2,000 words One-Act Play/Script - 3,000 words including stage direction and production notes. The upper right corner of each page of the entry must include Title of Entry and Page Number. Your name appearing anywhere on your creative writing document will result in automatic disqualification. Entries must be submitted online via the CaFE website. MCCCD Creative Writing College Coordinators will verify submissions. Please note the document must be word-processed using Microsoft Word, 12 point type, and in 8 1/2 x 11” formatting. WINNING ENTRIES: Winning entries will be notified by February 2014, by the Maricopa County Community College District via the Maricopa Center for Learning and Instruction (MCLI). All winning entries will be required to complete additional documents such as a W9 form and Talent Release form, which will be provided by the MCLI. All documents will be required prior to receipt of award funding.