900 12th Ave Seattle, WA 98122
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Photography
Entry Deadline: 4/1/14
Images - Minimum: 5, Maximum: 10
Total Media - Minimum: 5, Maximum: 10
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The City Panorama Project began in 2010 when King County Metro partnered with Photo Center NW to expand the public art scene in Seattle and other cities in King County and include photography in future mural projects in Metro bus shelters. As a way to incorporate art into everyday life, to beautify the city, and to make new perspectives and ideas available to all, the City Panorama Project seeks photographic artwork that will accomplish these objectives while increasing the visibility of the photographic arts in Seattle and surrounding areas throughout King County. The majority of King County's bus service and bus shelters are located in the city of Seattle. Over 200 photo murals have been installed since the launch of this public art project in 2010. The project now enters its fourth year.
- Avoid large blocks of color/negative space (to avoid graffiti on your image)
- Image themes and subjects should be appropriate for all age groups (PG13)
- In general, themes and subjects should be appropriate for exhibiting as public art
- Your name and the title of your image will appear next to the image along with Photo Center, King County, and 4Culture logos
- You may tile, collage, or stitch together images to create the final panoramic file. See Photo Center NW website for inspiration and examples of past murals.
- ALL images will be considered. The final selection will be made by the Metro and Photo Center jurors
When submitting images to this contest:
- Images must conform to a panoramic format, 4:1 frame ratio
- Images must be minimum 1920px x 480px and must be under 3mb per image
If an image(s) is selected for bus shelter installation, the artist will be notified via e-mail with instructions on submitting final files for printing murals. Final image files must adhere to these guidelines:
- Images must conform to a panoramic format, 4:1 frame ratio (final size for printing will be 92.25" x 23.5")
- Minimum pixels accepted: 7066px x 1800px, may be larger.
- Each file must be titled with the photographer's name, correlating letter to match the entry form, the title of the image and the year it was taken. (Example: JohnSmith A Untitled 2006.jpg)
You are encouraged to also submit an artist's statement, excerpts of which may be used alongside the publication of images. If images do not fit either submission or final file criteria, the images will not be considered.
All entries must be entered into CaFE by March 31, 2014 . Submissions that do not come through CaFE will not be accepted.
The entry fee is $30 for 5 jpgs. You may submit additional jpgs for $4 each up to 10 jpgs total. You must submit a minimum of 1 image to be reviewed and you may submit an artist’s statement in addition. Payment must be in U.S. Dollars. Entry fees are non-refundable.
Selected artists will be notified by e-mail.
The Photo Center NW reserves the right to refuse accepted work that is perceived to be inappropriate, vulgar, or discriminatory. All works selected for the project will be sent to press in 2014 and artist names/titles will be included on printed panels. Selected images may be used for promotion by Photo Center NW, and may be used in Metro publications.