540 Oak Street, Suite A
Eugene, OR 97401
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Unspecified
Entry Deadline: 7/31/14
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 4
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 4
As makers, designers, craftspeople, artists, students, teachers, independent studio practitioners, gallerists, and hobbyists we are SNAG. From many backgrounds and points of view we are collectively what makes SNAG so incredibly rich, diverse, and relevant to a field which embraces our traditions while simultaneously forging our futures. “WE ARE SNAG: Identity” is the first in a series of juried online WE ARE SNAG member exhibitions celebrating the breadth of our field and membership.
“WE ARE SNAG: Identity” seeks images of traditionally crafted, contemporary, and experimental new works from any current member of SNAG. This online juried exhibition intends to represent the incredibly diverse work and making practices of our membership and is open to jewelry work, metals work, metalsmithed objects, body ornamentation and the like.
• Tim McCreight
• Jim Meyer
• Stacey Lee Weber
• Open to all current SNAG members 18 years of age or older
• Applicants need not reside in the United States.
• All work must be original and produced within the last three years (2011 or later).
• Objects made from commercial kits or commercially available plans are NOT ELIGIBLE.
• Applicants are strongly encouraged, but not required, to apply with images that have not been widely circulated in Metalsmith or other publications.
• Collaborations are allowed under the conditions that 1, all artists involved are current members of SNAG; and 2, artists may only participate in one application: either as part of a collaboration OR as part of a personal application, but not both.
• There are no limitations on materials used or size/scale of the work.
• Applications will be accepted beginning on July 1, 2014 and must be received by midnight (11:59:59 pm) Mountain Time, July 31, 2014. Once the call is closed, no further entries will be accepted.
• All entries must be made online through Café.
• The application fee of $25 is non-refundable.
• All applicants MUST be a member of SNAG in order to be eligible to apply for this opportunity. If you are not a current member at the time of application, please see the links below to become a member.
• Artists may submit up to 4 images, made up of any combination of general and detail shots of up to 4 works.
• Artists must submit a statement about submitted works, up to 1000 characters.
• All images must be accompanied by title, material, dimensions, and year of completion.
• All decisions of the jurors are final.
• All work must be original. By completing this application artist agrees that he/she is responsible for the creation of submitted works.
To become a member of SNAG:
Visit snagmetalsmith.org/join. Levels and benefits for both standard and student memberships can be found at snagmetalsmith.org/membership/membership-benefits/
Timeline for Exhibition:
July 1, 2014: Online Submission through Café begins
July 31, 2014 - Deadline for Submission at midnight (11:59:59 pm) Mountain Time
August 22, 2014 - Notification of Results to Artists (by email)
December 5th, 2014 - Exhibition Opens Online
Please email Anne Fiala at firstname.lastname@example.org