3915 Golden Valley Road
Minneapolis, MN 55422
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Competitions
Entry Deadline: 3/17/17
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute invites artists with disabilities to submit artwork to participate in the 53rd Art of Possibility Art Show & Sale.
First created as a way to provide a forum for the creative talents of people with disabilities, the art show now offers a unique opportunity for artists to showcase and sell their art as well as a way to promote all of the community based programs of Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute.
Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute provides a continuum of rehabilitation services for people with short and long-term conditions, injuries and disabilities. For more information on our programs and services, visit www.allinahealth.org/couragekenny
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING ARTWORK
All artists with a disability causing physical or mental impairment which substantially limits one or more major daily life activities are eligible. Examples of major life activities include walking, seeing, hearing, breathing, personal care, learning or working.
- All art must be the original work of the artist and created within the past three years. Previous entries are not accepted.
- Artwork must not exceed 36 inches in any one direction.
- All artwork, including sculpture, must not exceed 20 pounds.
- No unfired clay sculptures or crafts will be accepted.
- Art must be for sale at a fair market price not exceed $2,000. This show provides a market to sell work. Do not overprice or submit work not for sale. CKRI has the right to decline work that is perceived to be overpriced.
- Art must have an identification label attached to the back upper left hand corner or to the base of 3-dimentional work. It must incude artist's full name, title, medium and sale price. The sale price submitted in the online entry will be the price of the art at the show and may not be changed.
- Graphic – printmaking, charcoal, ink, computer design, pastels, colored pencil
- Mixed Media
- Oils and Acrylics
- Photography – color and black and white
- Sculpture – relief, ceramics, woodcarving, metal, clay and stone
- Submissions are limited to two entries per artist.
- All art submissions must be for sale for a fair market price.
- ARTIST STATEMENT must be submitted with art entry.
All artists will have an Artist Statement displayed near their art. Statements may include information about the artist’s interest and experience with art, techniques, their philosophy and personal connection to art. Statements should include the artist’s disability as this reflects the mission of the show.
- Art must have an identification label attached to the back upper left hand corner or to the base of 3-dimentional work. It must incude artist's full name, title, medium and sale price.
- Artwork entered into the show MUST be the same artwork submitted in the online review. Substitutions will not be accepted.
- Artwork must be framed with an attached wire hanging (not taped) that is at minimum 6 inches wide for the hanger.
- Plexiglas is recommended for framing. Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute is not responsible for glass breakage.
Phase 1, digital images (JPEG) will be reviewed to decide upon the original framed art to be submitted for Phase 2. All artists will be notified after the Phase 1 review. Phase 2 will be an in-person jury of the original framed art that was submitted in Phase 1 (no subsititutions accepted), and the art will hang for the duration of the show.
PHASE 1: Each entrant is required to submit ONE digital image of each piece of art. Images should be in JPEG format. Please take care in photographing your work to ensure a quality image. Title each image: LastName.ArtTitle.jpeg
PHASE 2: Artwork selected for Phase 2 may either be shipped with a paid return label or hand-delivered to Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute (3915 Golden Valley Road Golden Valley MN 55422). Hand-delivered artwork may be submitted (dates to come). If shipping artwork, a paid return address label must be included. All art must be received on or before March 31, 2017 to be included in the show.
All artists will have an Artist Statement displayed near their art. Statements may include information about the artist’s interest and experience with art, techniques, their philosophy and personal connection to art. Biographies should include the artist’s disability.
ART SHIPPING AND DELIVERY
Shipped artwork must be packed in a quality reusable shipping container along with a paid return address label. Do not use: Styrofoam, peanuts, popcorn or coins as packing filler. Hand-delivered artwork may be submitted March 27 to March 30 (9 AM - 4 PM). Art Show staff will only be available during these times. If you are not able to deliver your art during these times, please call to make special arrangements.
Artists assume all risk for loss or damage of artwork submitted. Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute will do its best to secure the art and have only trained staff handle the artwork. The value of any one piece of artwork must not exceed $2,000.
All artists will receive recognition through the promotion of Art of Possibilities. A $500 cash award will be awarded to one artist whose work is chosen as “Best of Show”. First, second, third and honorable mention ribbons are awarded in all categories. Winners receive $250, $175, $125 and $100 respectively. A number of cash awards are also given to selected artists by donors as Encouragement Awards.
All artwork submitted must be for sale with a fair market price. Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute will retain 25% of the selling price. Currency exchange rates will be based on rate, on the day of sale. Sold artwork must remain on display for the entire duration of the show.
RETURN OF UNSOLD ARTWORK
Unsold shipped artwork will be returned in the original packaging materials and paid return address label. Hand-delivered artwork must be picked up on May 24 and May 25 (9 AM to 4 PM). Artwork not picked up by this date will serve as a confirmation the artist is donating the artwork to the permanent collection of Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute for display, sell or auction.
More information can be found online at http://www.allinahealth.org/ahs/ski.nsf/page/artshow or by email firstname.lastname@example.org .
February 15, 2017: Online Entry Deadline * DEADLINE EXTENDED
March 3, 2017: Notification of acceptance
March 27 – 30, 2017: Artwork delivery dates
March 31, 2017: Deadline for Receipt of Work
April 27, 2017: Reception and Juror Presentation
April 28 – May 19: Show Dates
May 24-25, 2017: Return of Works