Art Students League of Denver
200 Grant Street
Denver, CO 80203
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 1/23/17
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 10
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 10
Join the Art Students League as we celebrate Denver’s biennial MoP (Month of Photography)! Flipside is a regional juried exhibition that explores non-traditional and non-commercial photography in alternative processes. The exhibition is open to Colorado artists at least 18 years of age. All forms of alternative photo processes are eligible.
Exhibition Dates: March 4 - April 21, 2017
Deadline to Enter: January 23, 2017
Juror: Samantha Johnston, Executive Director at CPAC
- All submissions must be made online via CAFÉ at www.callforentry.org
- Each piece submitted requires a $10 entry fee.
- Work must have been completed in the last two years (2015 - present).
- Submissions may include a maximum of two images per piece.
- Work must be alternative in photo making non-traditional and non-commercial: Pinhole, cyanotype, wet & dry plate processes, inkodye, Polaroid art, solarisation, photo etchings
- Accepted 2-D work must be framed and ready to hang. Accepted 3-D work must include installation instructions.
- All artwork entered must be for sale. The artist receives 60% of the sale price.
- Sale proceeds will be paid to the artist within 30 days of the end of the exhibition.
- By submitting artwork, the artist agrees that images of selected artwork and the submitted text can be used by ASLD for promotions and publications. Low resolution images (smaller than 300 dpi) are not guaranteed to be included in the printed promotional materials associated with the exhibit.
- Artists will be notified of their selection via email no later than January 30, 2017
- All shipping and shipping insurance costs to and from the gallery are the responsibility of the artist.
- Shipping instructions will be sent to accepted artists at the time of notification of acceptance.
- ASLD reserves the right not to exhibit any piece that does not reasonably match the work presented in the entry, which arrives damaged, is not properly prepared for exhibition, or is deemed too fragile for effective display.
- Deadline for entry: 1/23/2017
- Notification of accepted artworks: 1/30/2017, via email
- Deadline to deliver work: 2/28/2017
- Exhibit Opens: 3/4/2017
- Opening Reception: 3/24/2017, 5:30 – 8pm
- Exhibit Closes: 4/21/2017
- Work returned to artists: Week of 4/24/2017
About the Juror:
A photographer, arts administrator, and educator, Samantha Johnston joined CPAC as Executive Director in September of 2015. Prior to joining CPAC, she taught photography and visual arts for twelve years at high schools in Boston and Denver. She is a longtime member of the Society for Photographic Education, and served as Treasurer of the Southwest region from 2013-2016 and Co-Chair of a Southwest regional conference in Denver (Letters to an Emerging Artist). Her photographs have been shown in numerous exhibitions nationally, and she continues to be an active artist in the community, serving as a reviewer at Houston FotoFest in 2016. She holds a certificate in Arts Development and Program Management from the University of Denver, an MFA from Lesley University College of Art & Design, and a BFA from Alfred University. She was named one of Colorado's Top 100 Creatives 3.0 by Denver's Westword Magazine and featured on Lenscratch in April 2016.
Art Students League of Denver framing parameters:
Wired pieces only. NO sawtooth hangers. NO plastic frames. Black or Neutral toned only. All framed artwork that does not meet specifications will be subjected to be discluded at curator’s discretion.
Responsibility for Loss or Damage:
Artwork is insured for 60% of its retail value against theft or total loss while on premises. Works may be excluded if their stated value exceeds coverage limits or if deemed too fragile to exhibit.
Freight and Insurance:
The artist is responsible for freight and insurance on the work to and from Art Students League of Denver. When you ship your piece(s) for the exhibit, you must also include a pre-paid UPS or FedEx return shipping label for the return shipping of your piece(s). If no return shipping label is enclosed, this returns can’t be guaranteed. Pieces not sold during the exhibit will be returned in their original packaging. Details regarding packaging requirements will be provided with the acceptance letter. Local artists may arrange to hand-deliver and pick up accepted work.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Robin Whatley, exhibits curator, Art Students League of Denver, at email@example.com or 720-638-7236.