Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Exhibitions
Event Dates: 12/26/16 - 2/12/17
Entry Deadline: 2/12/17
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
SANTA BARBARA PRINTMAKERS 2017 JURIED SPRING EXHIBITION
at the Santa Barbara Jewish Community Center 524 Chapala Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Exhibition Dates: March 4 – May 17, 2017
Register and pay entry fee until February 12, 2016 at 10:59 pm.
● February16 Notification of invited artists
● March 2 Delivery of invited artwork between 10 am and 12 noon
Note: No storage or shipping is available.
● March 5 Opening reception and awards from 2:00 to 4:00 pm
● May 17 Last day of exhibition
● May 18 Pickup artwork from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
JUROR: James L. Webb, Artist and Master Printmaker at Gemini G.E.L. in LA for over ten
years where he worked with Robert Rauschenberg, Joseph Albers, and Frank Stella;
former registrar at the Gagosian Gallery in Beverly Hills.
PRIZES: First Place $450; Second Place $300; Third Place $150;
(2) Awards of Excellence $50 each.
GUIDELINES AND FEES
ELIGIBILITY: Open to artists who can hand-deliver prints on March 2
(10 am-12 noon) and pick up work on May 18 (11:00 am – 1:00 pm).
Note: Nude studies and violent images are not appropriate for this venue.
ENTRY FEE: $35 for up to three entries. Only credit cards are accepted.
MEDIUM: All types of original, hand-pulled prints, including but not limited to: silkscreen, linocut,
woodcut, lithograph, etching, collagraph, monotype, monoprint, photo polymer etching, and
these techniques combined with photochemical or digital printing, chine collé (not collage),
transfer images and hand coloring with translucent media.
- All artwork must be presented professionally and ready for display.
- Artwork must be wired for hanging. No saw tooth hangers.
- Frames must be well assembled and in good condition.
- Frames should not overwhelm or take away from the print.
- Glass and mats should be clean. Mats should not have foxing (brown areas).
- Mats should be neutral colors (white or cream); no colored liners.
- Mats should be a minimum of 2" wide around the image.
- When plates (e.g. metal, Plexiglas) are used in the production of the print, mats should not cover the plate marks, or edges, of the printed area.
- In most cases, full-bleed prints should be floated.
- Floated prints should not touch the glass.
DELIVERY OF ARTWORK: Artwork must be hand delivered to the Jewish Community Center, 524 Chapala Street on March 2, 2017 between 10 am and 12.
SALES: Sales are handled by the Jewish Community Center, which takes 25% commission.
QUESTIONS? Contact Sara Woodburn at 805-563-9668 or Santa Barbara Printmakers at