Alex Ferrone Gallery
25425 Main Road
Cutchogue, New York 11935
Contact Email: alexFerroneGallery@gmail.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
State: New York
Entry Deadline: 5/15/17
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Alex Ferrone Gallery
Elemental Light: National Juried Exhibition
Exhibition dates: July 8 – July 30, 2017
Opening reception: Saturday, July 8 from 6-8pm
Sponsored by Abatelli Realty
Digital Submission deadline: May 15, 2017
Notification of accepted works: June 1
Framed Works due at Gallery: June 26-30
Opening Reception & Awards Presentation: Saturday, July 8 from 6-8pm
Works picked up/returned: July 31 – August 4, 2017
Juror: Lisa Chalif, Curator, The Heckscher Museum of Art, Huntington, NY.
About the Exhibition:
Elemental Light: National Juried Exhibition welcomes entries of photographically-based works showing how light is used in creating images. Photography’s very essence is light. Photographers have long sought the perfect light for their images – capturing the play of dust-speckled beams, exploring the graphics of shadows, interpreting moods of the Golden Hour, and translating colors of artificial light. Is light falling on or illuminating the subject? Is light the subject? Is it creating mysterious shadows? Does it separate the subject drastically from the background? Soft, diffused, harsh, cold, backlit, etc. All works must be framed 20 x 24 inches or smaller. This competition is open to national artists and photographers.
About the Juror: Curator at The Heckscher Museum of Art in Huntington, New York, Lisa Chalif has organized dozens of exhibitions that focus on various aspects of the Museum’s permanent collection, as well as loan exhibits on a diverse range of subjects, including experimental photography, environmental art, appropriation, art and the automobile, and occasional solo exhibitions of Long Island artists, including photographer Joseph Szabo. Ms. Chalif coordinates The Heckscher Museum’s juried Biennial exhibitions and juries the Museum’s renowned annual high school art student show, Long Island’s Best.
- Participation in our three-week group exhibit, “Elemental Light” at Alex Ferrone Gallery July 8 – July 30, 2017.
- Grand Prize - Hamptons.com Advertising Package: Winner receives a Three-Month Banner Ad on the Hamptons.com Arts Page for August, September, and October of this year. Also included is one editorial article about the artist to be included in the Hamptons Weekly Brief (distributed to 14,000+ Hamptons’ subscribers). With over 2.6 million annual views, Hamptons.com is the East End’s most read media source for arts, events, lifestyle, and community happenings reaching affluent residents and summer visitors in the Hamptons. This package is valued at $2,400.
- First Place: One 18" x 24" Face-mounted Acrylic Print from Eston Photo, Famingdale, NY (with backing and standoff hanging posts complete; includes continental U.S. shipping). Valued at $325.
- Second Place: One Promaster SystemPro Professional Tripod sponsored by Berger Bros. Camera in Syosset and Huntington, New York.
- Honorable Mention: $100 Gift Certificate for Abbot Art Framing and Giclée Services, Farmingdale, New York.
- Only photographically based works depicting our theme will be considered. Artists 18 years and older are eligible.
- Entries must not have been previously shown at the Alex Ferrone Gallery.
- Submission fee is $40 for up to three works to be considered and is non-refundable.
- Payment: only credit card (through CallForEntry.org), U.S. check made to Alex Ferrone Gallery, or U.S. Postal Money Order made to Alex Ferrone Gallery will be accepted. Checks/Money Orders must arrive BY the deadline. Mail checks or M.O. to: Alex Ferrone Gallery: 25425 Main Road, Cutchogue, New York 11935
- Submitted work must be available for the duration of the exhibit July 8 – July 30, 2017.
- No changes to information can be made once submitted.
- Framed works may not exceed 20” x 24” including frame. Any pieces exceeding this will not be considered.
- WHITE Framing: Accepted works must be properly framed using braided wire and frame bumpers, professionally presented, and ready to hang. For exhibit uniformity, accepted works must be framed using bright WHITE solid core mats and WHITE frames – maximum front profile width 1” (no exceptions; no off-white, colored core, or double border mats). Additional framing and hanging requirements will be emailed to accepted artists.
- All works must be for sale. Alex Ferrone Gallery retains 50% commission on works sold; Artist receives 50%; net less credit card fee split on sales.
Submission process: visit CallForEntry.org
- Deadline for online image submission is Monday, May 15 by 11:59pm MST.
- Images must properly reflect original artwork.
- Framed works cannot exceed 20” x 24” (including frame).
- Submitted images must be JPEGS and must be oriented properly (top of image is top of artwork). (See image file size compliance with CallForEntry.org)
- Each image file should be labeled with artist’s last name, entry number, title, and size of work (framed). All info must correspond with your entry form. For example: Smith1Trumpet11x14; Smith2Drums9x12; etc.
- Please include an artist statement and short bio/résumé with your application.
Accepted entries will be notified by email and posted on the Gallery’s website June 1. If you do not receive a notification by this date, please contact the Gallery: AlexFerroneGallery@gmail.com or 631-734-8545. Awards will be presented at the reception (awards will be mailed to those not present at the reception).
Drop off/delivery of accepted works to Gallery:
- Shipping instructions will be sent by email. Shipping all works to and from the Gallery is the responsibility of the artist.
- Framed works must arrive at the Gallery between June 26 – June 30, 2017. Please prepare in advance for shipping arrival times. Any works shipped to the gallery must have proper return documents, insurance, and pre-paid return labels. The Gallery will not return ship C.O.D.
- Works to be picked up must be done between July 31 – August 4, 2017. The Gallery will not hold works past August 4, 2017. Works with return documents will ship back at that time.
Entry into this competition constitutes an understanding that although the utmost care will be exercised, Alex Ferrone and Alex Ferrone Gallery assume no responsibility or liability for damage or loss of any work while in their possession. Entry also constitutes an agreement with all conditions of this exhibit. Alex Ferrone Gallery reserves the right to use submitted images and photographs of accepted works for publicity purposes (will be properly credited). The Gallery has the right to exclude works that are not suitably prepared or received, or works that do not properly resemble the submitted image.
About the Alex Ferrone Gallery
In its fifth year on the East End of Long Island, NY, the Alex Ferrone Gallery exhibits and sells contemporary fine art photography by seasoned and emerging photographers and photographic artists. See more here: AlexFerroneGallery.com
~ ~ ~