1862 Cestus Lane
Charleston SC 29414
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
State: South Carolina
Event Dates: 10/7/17 - 11/25/17
Entry Deadline: 8/18/17
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 1
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 1
• Current SCWS members receive free entry. You will need to enter the coupon code that you received in an earlier email to receive the free entry.
• Non-members - Entry fee is $55.
1) Open to all artists residing in the United States.
2) Original artwork in watermedia. Ie. watercolor, acrylic, gauche, etc. Collage is acceptable, however, the painting must be primarily composed of a painted surface. (NO oils or water soluble oils accepted).
3) Not shown in a previous SCWS Show. Check your records to avoid elimination.
4) One image.
5) No size or weight limits on artwork submissions since this is a digital exhibit. (If you are selected in the top ten for the traveling show, you will be required to send in your original piece or a giclee to the show specifications of a maximum 40” by 30”.)
6) There is no time limit on when artwork was created.
May 10 - Open Call for Entry
August 17 - Close Entry
September 1 - Award Winners will be notified
October 7 - Awards Luncheon
October 7 - Opening Reception at Charleston International Airport
October 7 - November 25 - Digital Display at Charleston International Airport
In 2016, awards totaled $8,000 in cash and merchandise to exhibition artists.
Best in Show will receive $1,000.
Top Thirty Award Winners
After the thirty award winners are selected, the top ten winners will be contacted to ship or bring their original or a giclee print to be on display from October 7 - November 25 at the Charleston International Airport.
Artists are asked to include their artwork under their own liability insurance for security purposes.
An awards luncheon will be held at Noon on October 7 in Charleston SC. The Opening Reception will be held October 7 at the Charleston International Airport from 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm. Details and registration will be available at https://scwatermedia.com
If your painting is chosen as one of the top 10 award winners, you become part of our traveling show, which is coordinated every year by the SC State Museum. This means that your painting will travel the state for a year. The SC State Museum tries its best to fulfill a year-long schedule by coordinating the traveling show at various locations throughout the state. It will be a different venue every month, however, some months cannot be fulfilled for various reasons and the show will be stored that month at the SC State Museum. This happens rarely but it does happen. Please understand that if you enter the show and are chosen as an award winner, it may be a full year before you can pick up your painting. In that time, your painting is getting more exposure throughout the state. We will do our best to coordinate a pickup time after the traveling show is over that is convenient for artists.
Framing Requirements for top 10 Award Winners
SCWS encourages you not to frame your painting until it has been selected as one of the top ten award winners.
If you are selected into the top ten, the following frame requirements will apply:
1) A maximum 2 and 3/4” width flat-face “museum style wood frame.”
2) A natural wood tone (dark, light, etc., such as maple, cherry, oak, mahogany, etc.). However, NO BLACK, WHITE (EVEN WOODEN) OR METAL FRAMES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
SCWS produces a full color catalog featuring the artwork in the exhibition and indicating the award winners. All entrants will receive one complimentary catalog. Additional copies of the catalog may be purchased.
Entering Through Cafe
1) Prepare your digital image before you apply
2) If entrants have not registered previously with CaFE, setting up a portfolio is free
3) Pay the non-refundable entry fee of $55.00 (Free for SCWS members)
4) Images submitted may be used for publicity and/or educational purposes
5) For technical assistance with your entry, please see
callforentry.org/cafehelp.phtml or contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly (SCWS cannot
provide technical assistance for CaFE)
Communications & Notifications
Correspondence and notifications will be done via email. Please make sure that your contact information is correct. If you do not have an email address, it is advised that you create one before you enter. For further inquires, contact Katie Koon via email at email@example.com.