Plano Art Association
P.O. Box 861508
Plano, TX 75086
ArtCentre of Plano
902 East 16th Street
Plano, TX 75074
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 7/16/17
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
The 125 Show 2017 ENTRY DEADLINE EXTENDED TO SUNDAY, JULY 16
Categories for Acceptance and Awards
• 2-D Artwork (Two-Dimensional Artworks)
• 3-D Artworks (Three-Dimensional Artworks)
• Printmaking/Photography (Traditional & Digital)
The 2-D, 3-D, and Printmaking/Photography categories will each be awarded a first ($500), second ($300), and third place ($150) award and certificate. Best of Show will receive $1,000 and a certificate. A special Peoples’ Choice Award will also be presented, along with Certificates of Merit to the three finalists in each art genre category.
The show runs from Wednesday, July 26, 2017 through Friday, August 25, 2017, with the Reception & Awards Presentation on Saturday, August 5, 2017 (7:00 - 9:00 p.m.) at ArtCentre of Plano, 902 East 16th Street, Plano, TX 75074.
Key Scheduled Dates
- Online submission Deadline – EXTENDED TO SUNDAY, JULY 16, 2017 (11:59 p.m. MDT)
- Notification of Acceptance or Non-acceptance into Show – Wednesdy July 19, 2017
- Delivery of Artworks to the ArtCenter of Plano – SATURDAY, JULY 22, 2017 (11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) and SUNDAY, JULY 23 (11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) – Please contact PAA at email@example.com if you must make a different arrangements.) Delivery address is ArtCentre of Plano, 902 East 16th Street, Plano, TX 75074.
- Show Opens – Wednesday, July 26, 2017
- Reception & Awards Presentation – Saturday, August 5, 2017 (7:00 p.m. - 9 p.m.) at ArtCentre of Plano
- Show Closes – Friday, August 25, 2017
- Art Pick-up – Saturday, August 26, 2017 (11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) – Pick-up address is ArtCentre of Plano, 902 East 16th Street, Plano, TX 75074. The Plano Art Associaton and the ArtCentre of Plano do not cover shipping expenses. (Please contact PAA at firstname.lastname@example.org if you must make different arrangements.)
The basic entry fee is $30.
For non members the entry fee is $30 which includes your first entry. There is a fee of $30 for each additional work you enter up to 2 more entries (making a total of up to 3 entries).
For PAA members the entry fee is $25 which covers entry fee and the first work you enter.
A discounted rate is available via a coupon code for a second and third work you enter. Remember you must enter the couplon code for each entry you submit.
For assistace, please contact PAA at email@example.com and provide us your phone number. Someone will get back to you promptly.
If you are a current member and haven't received the code, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request it.
Open to all artists living in a community within a 125-mile radius around Plano, Texas.
2-D Artwork (Two-Dimensional Artworks)
3-D Artworks (Three-Dimensional Artworks)
Printmaking/Photography (Traditional & Digital)
Maximum 3D dimension must be able to fit through a standard doorway ar ArtCentre Gallery; 2D frame size: must be maximum of 40.” (Please contact PAA at email@example.com if you have an exception to discuss.)
All wall-hanging works must be wired with screw eyes or D-rings, ready to hang.
The gallery is unable to accept or hang works not so equipped such as with saw tooth hangers. Each piece must be labeled with the name of the artist and title of the work.
Submitted artwork must be original and not entered in a previous 125 Show.
Works must not be copies of another artist's work (including photographs).
PAA reserves the right to reject any work not meeting eligibility requirements or deemed inappropriate to hang in the gallery, even after the image has been accepted
by jurors and delivered to the gallery.
If your exhibited work is available for sale, identify the price. For insurace purposes, identify the value of your exhibited work whether it is for sale or not. All sales from this show will be handled through the Plano Art Association. A commission of 30% will be retained by the Plano Art Association. If you need to make arrangements to ship works that are sold, please contact PAA at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Amy Lewis Hofland
As Executive Director of the Crow Collection of Asian Art, Amy leads the preeminent museum in the southern United States dedicated to the works of China, Japan, India, and Southwest Asia. On staff since the Crow Collection’s inception in 1998, her footprint can be found throughout the museum’s offerings. Emphasizing collaboration and collective learning , she has produced award-winning education programs at the Crow Collection.
Michael O’Keefe works in the disciplines of drawing, painting and sculpture, as well as art history. Since 2006, Michael has taught in various venues in the DFW area, including Brookhaven College, Collin College, Eastfield College, Southern Methodist University, The Bonny Studio, The Creative Arts Center, and Corgan Associates, Inc.
Byrd Williams has been teaching photography for 26 years and is now the chair of the photography/graphic design department at Collin College. Williams is a published writer and international artist whose work has been shown and collected at the Amon Carter Museum, Museum of Fine Arts Houston, and the Stadt Museum of Trier Germany as well as many publications and collections through out the US and Europe.