2100 Montgomery St
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 8/18/17
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Fort Works Art is pleased to announce an open call for submissions for 40 Under 40. The competition includes eligibility for 2D and 3D artwork. Photography, video and installation work will not be accepted. The exhibition will be open September 13th through October 14th with an opening reception on the evening of September 15th. Due date for entries is August 15th. Contemporary 2D and 3D works that follow the requirements detailed in the prospectus are accepted. There will be a $500 cash prize for Best in Show.
For more information, contact the gallery, firstname.lastname@example.org
Juror Maggie Adler, Associate Curator at the Amon Carter Museum of American Art
PROSPECTUS – FORT WORKS ART JURIED EXHIBITION
September 13 – October 28
Juror Maggie Adler, Associate Curator, Amon Carter Museum of American Art
August 15, 2017
- Due Date / Deadline for online submissions – August 15
- Juror Deliberation – August 16 - August 24
- Notification of Acceptance – August 25 (By email and on the Café site)
- Shipping/Receiving – August 26 – September 7 (Shipping information will be shared with accepted artists with notification of acceptance email)
- Hand Delivery Drop Off - August 26 – September 7 (During Fort Works Art open hours, Tues - Fri 11-5pm and Sat 10-6pm)
- Exhibition on Display– September 13 – October 14
- Opening Reception – September 15 6:00 to 9:00pm
- Shipped Return – October 31 – November 8
- Hand Delivery Pickup – October 31 – November 8
Eligibility & Mediums
- Open to artists under 40 years old residing in the continental USA.
- Contemporary original work in any media including painting, prints, and drawings.
- All work must be original (no reproductions), produced within the last two years and not previously shown at Fort Works Art. Price of work should include 50% commission to gallery.
- The digital image of the piece submitted must be the piece delivered to Fort Works Art if selected by the jury. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Please see CaFe for digital file requirements
Entry Fee and Prize Information
$35 for three images.
Best in Show - $500 prize
- Price of work should include 50% commission to gallery.
- All pieces will be for sale at Fort Works Art. The gallery will retain 50% commission on any work sold.
Insurance & Liability
- Work will be insured at Fort Works Art but not in transit.
- The gallery will not assume responsibility for work improperly framed or poorly packaged for shipping.
- Images of accepted work may be used for promotional purposes and featured in an exhibition catalogue.
Shipping/ Installation Requirements
- Artists are responsible for shipping work to and from gallery.
- Artwork must be received by September 7.
- Your work of art should be ready to install, and should have hardware installed that will allow for immediate installation by the gallery with no adjustments to the pieces necessary. NO EXCEPTIONS — ARTWORK MUST HAVE HARDWARE INSTALLED FOR IMMEDIATE INSTALLATION.
- E-mail Fort Works Art — email@example.com