Yountville Outdoor Public Sculpture Walk 17/18
6516 Washington St.
Yountville, Ca 94599
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Public Art
Entry Deadline: Rolling
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 5
Audio - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 1
Video - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 1
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 5
How to Apply
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS AN OUTDOOR SCULPTURE WALK! WORK APPROPRIATE FOR OUTDOOR DISPLAY SHOULD ONLY BE SUBMITTED.
• Each sculpture must be submitted INDIVIDUALLY. Please do not submit multiple sculptures on the same application.
- Images should accurately represent the work.
• Artists must include a description of each submitted work including dimensions, weight, title, and medium, date of construction, cleaning and maintenance instructions and sale price.
• Completed artworks are preferred. If conceptual sculptures are proposed, the selection committee must be offered design drawings and in-progress photos and will have the option of refusing the completed work if it is not delivered as described.
• Sculptures will be selected on the basis of their artistic merit, artistic context, maintainability and suitability for public display.
• Artists that are selected to participate in the Art Walk will be offered a stipend of $1,500 to assist with transportation and installation expenses. Payment will be made upon the successful installation of the sculpture. Artists working through a broker or private party will be considered on a case by case basis.
We have approximately 23 sculpture sites through the town located along Washington Street. All of the sites are visible from the sidewalk or from the walking path if located in a park. Existing concrete pads vary in size from 4’ x 4’ to 6’ x 6’.
• The footprint of the sculpture must be smaller than the pad.
• The sculpture must be able to be securely anchored to the concrete pad with bolts provided by the artist.
• Artwork must weigh no more than 2,000 pounds.
• Any projections beyond the perimeter of the pad must occur at a minimum of 7’ above the ground.
• Sculptures must be structurally safe for display in public and must not have the potential to cause injury. All components must be securely fastened.
• Sculptures must arrive in the same condition as portrayed in the photographs. The commission reserves the right to refuse a sculpture upon arrival if it does not match the photographs submitted.
• Accompany his/her artwork to town and complete the installation of the sculpture. All works must be ready for exhibition upon installation.
• Complete and sign the Voluntary Artist Agreement with the Town of Yountville.
• Provide instructions for maintenance of the art work.
• Provide information for website, Art Walk Brochure and other promotional materials.
• Maintain up to date contact information with the Town for correspondence.
• Attend an art reception/event to highlight the sculpture and artist.
• Maintain insurance for the sculpture at the value as stated on the Voluntary Artist Agreement.
• Maintain the sculpture itself and the area surrounding it to the specifications outlined by the artist.
• Provide marketing to promote the sculpture and artist including, but not limited to:
o Press Releases
o Inclusion in the printed and downloadable Art Walk brochures
o Recognition on Town of Yountville website
o Recognition on Yountville Arts website & Social Media Pages
o A plaque/signage at the base of the sculpture
o Include the artist and highlight the sculpture at a Yountville Arts event or reception
o Invite the artist to participate in annual art related events.