820 SW Adams St.
Peoria, IL 61602
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Public Art
Entry Deadline: 2/25/18
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
ArtsPartners of Central Illinois is proud to announce a call for entries to artists for the fourth annual ArtPop Peoria. ArtPop Peoria puts the work of local artists on Adams Outdoor 48’ x 14’ billboards that are seen by thousands of local residents. This is a value of nearly $15,000 in free advertising. In addition, winning artists will be featured at CIAO First Friday at The Studios on Sheridan gallery and on the ArtsPartners website. ArtPop Peoria is part of the national ArtPop Street Gallery program. The mission of ArtPop is to promote local artists work through available media space.
- You must be a resident of Peoria, Tazewell, or Woodford counties.
- You must be 18+.
- If you were selected as a winner in the ArtPop Peoria contest, you cannot apply again for the next three years.
- ArtPop is not just for 2D artists. If you are a 3D or performance artist and can photographically represent your work, you can enter.
- All art is subject to approval, and no offensive or slanderous work will be accepted.
- Your work must fit the correct proportions/dimensions of a 48’x14’ billboard.
- You can create an original piece of ArtPop Peoria or crop one of your existing pieces to fit the correct proportions. To see how ArtPop artists in other participating cities creatively work with this format, check out these images.
- Art submitted with incorrect proportions will not be accepted.
Judging and People’s Choice
- A jury will select six winning artists. The public will vote for one of the winning artists to receive a People's Choice Award designation.
- The People’s Choice Award will be given to the artist who receives the most number of votes from the public.
- The People’s Choice Award winner’s billboard will be displayed on the MAXAM Building in Peoria, IL.
- Submissions deadline is February 25, 2018.
- Public Announcement of the Winning Artists selected by jury will be announced via press release in early March.
- People’s Choice Winner will be announced at the ArtPop Peoria Winner’s Reception on April 11, 2018.
- With the exception of the People’s Choice Award Winner, winning artists work will be displayed from June 2018-June 2019 on billboards, with locations circulating throughout the region, The People’s Choice Award Winner’s billboard will be displayed on the MAXAM Building in Peoria from June 2018-June 2019.
How to Enter
Please note: You will submit a smaller file via CallforEntry.org and if you win you will be required to supply a high-resolution file that will produce a 48' x 14' billboard.
There is a $20 processing fee to submit up to 3 pieces. Artists must be able to supply a digital image of their work meeting the following requirements. All production costs for the printing of the billboards will be borne by the project.
Your artwork must fit the billboard proportions. Images submitted with incorrect proportions will not be accepted.
Call for Entry Requirements
- Each artist can submit up to 3 pieces ($20 processing fee)
- 1920 pixels x 500 pixels
- 72 ppi/dpi
- 5 MB maximum
- February 28, 2017 deadline
Winning Artists Requirements
Winning artists must provide production work that fits the requirements of a 48’ x 14’ billboard.
- 24.333” w x 6.333” h @300 dpi (7300x1900 pixels)
- 300 dpi
If the work is not already to scale, Adams Outdoor Advertising has the right to manipulate the image to comply with production specifications. Artwork that does not meet the specification requirements will not be considered.
With the exception of the People’s Choice Award Winner’s billboard, which will be displayed on the MAXAM Building in Peoria, billboards will rotate upon available locations in the market. There are no guarantees on billboard locations or the period of time an image will be at a specific location.
To view the 2015, 2016, and 2017 ArtPop Peoria winners, please visit http://artspartners.net/artpop.
For more information on the national ArtPop program, please visit www.ArtPopStreetGallery.com