Event Dates: 9/7/18 - 1/18/19
Entry Deadline: 6/2/18
Images - Minimum: 5, Maximum: 10
Audio - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 10
Video - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 10
Total Media - Minimum: 5, Maximum: 20
Entry Fee (RedLine Artist-In-Resident 2018 Call for Entry): $35.00
View Site Details
Resident Artist Program Description
RedLine is excited to announce the 2018 Call For Artists for our Artist-in-Residence program.
RedLine is a nonprofit contemporary art center that fosters education and engagement between artists and communities to create positive social change. As RedLine’s foundational program, the residency remains at the core of all that we do as an organization. We offer two-year residencies for 15-18 emerging, contemporary artists. In addition to mentorship, career development, and exposure, artists receive fully subsidized studio spaces, which provides financial flexibility and frees artists to explore and experiment without commercial constraints. A RedLine residency also allows artists to work in proximity to their peers within a community of mutual support that fosters networking and collaboration. By merging contemporary art with arts education and community involvement, RedLine helps bring the transformative power of art to the surrounding neighborhoods and beyond.
The Artists-in-Residence Program is based upon an equitable selection process. At RedLine, we value accessibility, relevance, inclusivity, diversity, collaboration, collective leadership as well as the opportunity to be a resource, create change, and develop meaningful relationships with our community members.
Note: It is important to note that artists are responsible for outfitting their studio with the necessary tools to produce their works. Housing during the two years is also the responsibility of the artist. Use of toxic materials is only permitted outside of the premises.
1) Artist Statement ( Text Entry / 500 words or less)
2) Letter Of Intent (File Upload)
Please respond to the following question [Limit responses to 500 words or less):
* Discuss why you believe your participation and artistic practice in RedLine's resident artist program will support & further RedLine's mission and how RedLine's mission will support and further your artistic practice?
3) Professional Development (Text Entry / Limit responses to 500 words or less)
Please share with the Jury what professional development opportunities you are most interested in at RedLine and why? (e.g. networking with artists peers, exhibitions, public commissions, cross-sector collaborations, industry talks, studio visits).
3) Community Engagement (Text Entry / Limit responses to 350 words each)
Please respond to the following questions:
A) Please describe your community work or volunteer experience. What did you learn or find valuable about these experiences?
* If you do not have community work or volunteer experiences, tell us what interests you have in volunteering or engaging with under-resourced communities?
B) At RedLine, we support and believe in the ability for artists to bring awareness to key issues or ideas that are important to local communities. Are there any community-related issues that are important to you and/or your creative practice?
4) Additional Information (Optional / Limit text response to 500 words or less)
If these questions did not allow you to share something that you believe is important for the jury to know about your practice, community or professional development goals, please use this opportunity to briefly share.
5) Current resume / C.V. (File Upload)
Please provide three professional references related to your work as an artist with full contact information.
Application payment: $35 - Check, Card or Money Order Only in U.S. Funds. (Checks must be postmarked on the application deadline of June 1 - enter 0000 in check number section if check number is not available).
* To apply for an application fee waiver (due to financial hardship or other reasons) please email email@example.com with the subject "RA Application Payment."
* Artists who are not accepted to the program will have applications funds applied to a RedLine membership to create more opportunities to learn and participate in the organization.
* Application fees support & recognize the time our community-based volunteer jurors take to review and jury entries over a two month-long period.
* Due to jury process, we are not able to accept applications that are delivered by mail.
* Additional Residency Opportunities in partnership with RedLine
To learn more about the Artist-in-Residence program, tips for your application, or other residency opportunities join us for one of the following information sessions:
May 9, 12 - 1 PM (MST) Facebook Live Chat (on RedLine Denver's Facebook page)
May 9, 6:00 - 7:30 PM
May 12, 10:30 - 11:30 AM