South Cobb Arts Alliance
P.O. Box 1037
Austell, GA 30168
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
Event Dates: 8/14/18 - 9/20/18
Entry Deadline: 6/15/18
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
The South Cobb Arts Alliance (SCAA) is pleased to announce our 31st Annual National Juried Exhibition entitled “Sanctuary”! The exhibition will run from August 6th to September 19th 2018.
Sanctuary can mean many things to different people. It might be a home… a place of refuge and protection, or the sense of security that a child feels when held in her mothers’ arms. A person may find sanctuary in his temple or church, or it may be found in nature among vast pine forests, or rolling meadows filled with wildflowers. Others still may find sanctuary within their own heart and imagination. In this exhibition we intend to explore the meaning and perception of Sanctuary to the individual artist, either in the literal sense or from a deeper, more metaphorical perspective.
JUROR & JUDGE:
We are honored to have Charles Young Walls as our juror and prize judge! Charles has been an artist all of his life and art has always been in the forefront of his pursuits. He completed a BFA from Arizona State University after which, following years of artistic struggle, he finally found the training he was looking for. He studied art at the National Academy of Design and the Art Students League, both in New York City. Continuing to hone his painting skills, Charles then spent a decade pursuing a successful career in illustration before returning to the field of fine art.
He enjoys a growing reputation as an award winning painter and has exhibited in numerous exhibitions in the South and nationwide. He received the Presidents' Award of Excellence at the 2015 Oil Painters of America National Exhibition and at the 2013 OPA National Exhibition he was awarded the John August Dietrich Memorial Figurative Award of Excellence. Most recently he was awarded the Gold Medal at the 2015 OPA Salon Exhibition.
He is a member of the Portrait Society of America, and the American Impressionist Society, and is a Signature Member of Oil Painters of America. Charles and his wife currently live in the Atlanta area.
Awards include $1000 First Prize, $500 Second Prize, $250 Third Prize, and two $125 Awards of Excellence. Awards will be given at the discretion of, and as designated by, the juror. The juror’s decision is final.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY - NO MORE THAN THREE ENTRIES.
ELIGIBILITY & MEDIA:
- Open to all residents of the USA, age 18 or older.
- Original work, not previously shown with SCAA and completed within the last two years..
- All works must be priced for sale. NFS works will not be accepted.
- 2-D artwork must be no larger than 48” by 48” or smaller than 11" x 14" (including mat and frame), properly framed (or gallery wrapped), weigh no more than 25 lbs. and must be wired for hanging. No saw tooth hangers, single nail clips, or clip frames. Artwork normally framed under glass is acceptable on hand-delivered items ONLY; plexiglass is required on all shipped work.
- 3-D sculpture including clay, fiber, glass, metal, plaster, stone, wood, as well as other materials must not exceed 45 pounds and 36” in any direction.
- SCAA reserves the right to disqualify any work not suitably presented or that varies from the submitted image.
- SCAA reserves the right to use all art, artist information and images for publicizing the event and for other promotional purposes.
June 16 - Deadline for receipt of entry form, jpegs, and entry fee
July 6th - Juror’s selection emailed to participants
July 26 - All shipped works must have arrived at Fed Ex holding station
July 31 - Hand delivered work received at Mable House Art Center, 11 am to 4 pm
August 6 - Exhibition opens to public
August 11 - Reception and Awards Ceremony 5 to 7 pm
September 19 - Exhibition closes
September 20 - Pick up hand delivered work. 11 am to 4 pm
September 24 - Shipped work will be returned via Fed Ex with your packaging & prepaid label from 09/24 to 09/28.
HOW TO ENTER:
The nonrefundable entry fee is $35 for up to three works. Diptychs and triptychs are considered one work. Works are juried by digital image only. Each 2-D work may be represented by one digital image. Each 3-D work may be represented by up to three separate digital images.
Online entry is required for this exhibition. We are unable to accept postal service or hand-delivered entry forms or images.
SALES & COMMISSION:
Every effort is made to promote sales. SCAA retains a 25% commission and adds a 6% sales tax to the price of each work that sells. Sold works are to remain in the exhibition until its official closing date.
DELIVERY AND SHIPPING:
• Hand-delivered work will be accepted on July 31, 11 – 4 pm ET at Mable House Art Center, 5239 Floyd Rd., Mableton, GA 30126.
• Shipping artwork to and from the exhibit is the responsibility of the artist. All shipped work must be prepaid by the artist including return labels enclosed with the shipped work. Detailed shipping instructions will be included in the selection notification email.