413 Maplewood Avenue, Wayne, PA 19087
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Exhibitions
Event Dates: 12/7/18 - 1/26/19
Entry Deadline: 9/18/18
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 6
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 6
Thank you for your interest in applying to Craft Forms 2018. The exhibition will run from December 7, 2018 to January 26, 2019 and will be held at Wayne Art Center, 413 Maplewood Avenue, Wayne, PA, 19087, 610-688-3553, craftforms.org.
Juror – Perry Allen Price, Executive Director, Houston Center for Contemporary Craft, Houston, Texas
Wayne Art Center is pleased to welcome Perry Allen Price, Executive Director of Houston Center for Contemporary Craft, Houston, Texas, as the juror for the Craft Forms 2018 exhibition.
Perry Price is the Executive Director of the Houston Center for Contemporary Craft. Previously, Price was director of education at the American Craft Council (ACC) in Minneapolis, Minnesota, where he developed, managed and implemented all aspects of local and national outreach and programming for nearly four years. He offers HCCC a wealth of experience in arts administration, including project and fiscal management, fundraising, scholarship programs and exhibitions, as well as a passion for developing and fostering national relationships in the world of contemporary craft.
During his tenure at ACC, Price grew the organization’s awards program, establishing the Emerging Voices Award and expanding the School to Market initiative to all ACC shows. He also redefined the council’s speaker series, symposia, and conference platforms and wrote a number of articles for American Craft magazine. Prior to his position at ACC, Price worked in several museums and cultural institutions, including The Baltimore Museum of Art, Fenimore Art Museum, Robert Hull Fleming Museum, and Fuller Craft Museum, where he was curator of exhibitions and collections. He holds a MA in museum studies from the Cooperstown Graduate Program: State University of New York at Oneonta and the New York State Historical Association and a BA in history of art from The Johns Hopkins University.
Price will judge the work based on its technique, design, concept, originality and craftsmanship. It is important to submit professional high quality images as detailed in the image upload directions.
- Open to all professional artists working in clay, fiber, quilt, glass, metal, jewelry, wood, 3D printing, and/or mixed media fine craft.
- Work submitted must be innovative and original in design. Work derivative of other artists or work created in a workshop with the aid of an instructor is not acceptable.
- Works submitted must have been completed after January 1, 2016. If the work was accepted into a previous Craft Forms exhibitions, this work CANNOT be re-submitted for this or future Craft Forms.
- Collaborative work is accepted. Please include all artists’ names on the on-line application.
- Please contact Wayne Art Center if the artist has an excessively large and/or complex installation. Additional expense will be incurred by the artist if artwork requires carpentry, special surface treatment to gallery walls or a custom built pedestal/armature or specific installation request.
- No accepted work may be picked up before the closing of the exhibition.
- Artwork must be available for sale during the length of the exhibition..
- If artwork is sold during the jurying acceptance process, the Wayne Art Center will retain 40% of the retail price.
- Do not apply to Craft Forms with same submitted work of art if artist is applying to another show simultaneously.
- Work damaged in shipping or hand delivery may not be presented based on extent of deterioration. Artist will be contacted immediately by Wayne Art Center if damage is recorded.
- Withdrawal of accepted work by the artist prior to the exhibition will result in exclusion from exhibiting at Wayne Art Center for the following year (2019).
- Crates or extra-large boxes must arrive on a straight truck (24’ trucks are the max capacity for the Wayne Art Center property). No tractor trailers are permitted on the property. Artist or Gallery delivery instructions must state that the shipment must be delivered into the building premises (no exterior deliveries can be accepted). Crates or extra-large boxes cannot exceed 300 lbs. and must be moveable with a hand-dolly. No fork lifts or loading docks are available to receive or to return ship crates and extra-large boxes. All delivery boxes and crates CANNOT exceed 55” width x 75” height x 55” length. If shipping container is larger than these measurements, artwork delivery will be refused.
- All artwork submitted online to Craft Forms must be available for the entire duration of the jurying process and show. If the piece is accepted to both Craft Forms and a simultaneously running show, the piece must only be exhibited in Craft Forms. Please double check submission dates of all shows in order not to have overlapping dates.
- Wayne Art Center reserves the right to reject entries that do not meet the requirements. Shipped work that differs from work accepted from digital submission will be disqualified. All accepted work must have proper identification.
Our efforts to cultivate organizations that acknowledge artists in various disciplines are ongoing. We are very pleased to announce $8,000+ in prize awards this year. Craft Forms 2018 Juror, Perry Allen Price, will select the award winners on December 7, 2018.
Once an artist is accepted into Craft Forms, future group and/or solo exhibition opportunities may become available at Wayne Art Center.
An abbreviated catalog of artwork will document the juried exhibition and two copies will be supplied to accepted artists.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Call for Entry Submissions Available Online
September 14, midnight EDST
Digital Entry Deadline ($45 Fee)
September 18, midnight EDST
Digital Entry Extended Deadline ($65 Fee)
Notification of Accepted and Declined Work
(Multi submissions may receive two different email notifications – one for acceptance and one for declined. The acceptance letter will specifically list the work(s) selected for Craft Forms. Do not send email inquiry requesting notification confirmation until after October 5. Please check SPAM.)
Monday-Friday, 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Saturday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, Due to Holidays, closed November 22-25
Hand Delivery of Work
Delivery of Shipped Work
December 7, 6:00 - 10:00 pm
Craft Forms 2018 Preview Party
December 8, 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Juror's Lecture and Meet the Artists
December 8, 2018 - January 26, 2019
Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, Saturday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Closed on Sundays and Holidays
January 28 – February 2, 2019
Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, Saturday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Closed on Sundays
Hand Pick-up of Craft Forms 2018 Artwork
January 28 – February 9, 2019
Packing & Shipment of Artwork from Wayne Art Center
ENTRY AND EXHIBITION FEES
The entry fee is $45 for up to two artworks. (Extended deadline is available; September 15 – 18 the fee will be $65.) An overall image and up to 2 optional detail images of at least 300 dpi resolution may be submitted per piece. Two pieces total are accepted per one artist application.
Artists are permitted to apply with a second application. The artist should use the same name and contact information for both applications. The second application also includes up to 2 artwork entries, with 3 images per piece. Another application fee of $45 or late fee of $65 would apply.
No slide entries or drop off of artwork for jurying will be accepted.
Visa, MasterCard, AMEX or PayPal, will be accepted for entry fee payment. United States applicants may pay by personal check. Mail check to the WAC mailing address. The application will not be finalized until the entry fee has been paid.
The artist contact email provided on the on-line application must remain active during the submission and exhibition process. The artist is responsible for checking email (and SPAM) for acceptance and/or decline and other information regarding the Craft Forms 2018 exhibition. No paperwork or communications will be mailed regarding acceptance and/or declined information.
(Multi submissions may receive two different notifications – one for acceptance and one for declined. The acceptance letter will specifically list the work(s) selected for Craft Forms.)
If work is selected for Craft Forms 2018, the artist is financially responsible for the cost of shipping to Wayne Art Center and for return shipping and in-transit insurance round trip.
If artwork is purchased, the return shipping label will not be used and therefore the noted account will not be billed.
For internationally accepted work, please review the country of origin shipping and custom regulations and the best way for US customs to receive the work. Regulations and rules change frequently and can cause artwork to be delayed in customs or returned to the artist.
WAC will not be responsible for loss or damage to work in transit to or from Wayne Art Center. Wayne Art Center will not responsible for loss, theft or damaged work after 30 days from the last day of show, January 26, 2019, due to artist failing to retrieve exhibition work.
All delivery boxes and crates CANNOT exceed 55” width x 75” height x 55” length. If shipping container is larger than these measurements, artwork delivery will be refused.
INSURANCE AND LIABILITY
While all precautions will be taken to ensure protection of submitted work upon receipt, Wayne Art Center cannot assume liability for any loss or damage to artwork in transportation or otherwise. Artists and agents are advised to arrange their own shipping and exhibition insurance. In the event of damage to the artwork during shipping, the artist will be required to provide documentation confirming the value of the work, the extent of the claim and to settle claims directly with the shipping carrier.
Neither Wayne Art Center nor any agent will be responsible for damage or loss to any work of art submitted. Wayne Art Center provides insurance coverage only while work is on our premises. Other insurance coverage is strongly recommended and is the artist’s responsibility. Once the artwork is shipped with the designated carrier, insurance is the responsibility of the artist and not WAC.
Submission of work to this exhibition constitutes an arrangement on the part of the artist to all terms and conditions of this entire prospectus, which includes, but is not limited to, the right of Wayne Art Center to use entries for publicity purposes.
If the artwork installation is overly complex, Wayne Art Center will contact the artist to request assistance with the installation process. The artist may be required to assume financial responsibility for any alternations (painted walls, site specific pedestals, armatures, lighting, electrical, etc.) that are requested or required by a particular installation. The artist is welcome to install their complex artworks if necessary. Installation requests must be requested in advance and approved by Wayne Art Center.
All work submitted to Craft Forms must be available for sale and, once accepted into the show, throughout the duration of the exhibition. NFS or POR submissions will not be accepted. There is no threshold for the level of artwork pricing; however, Wayne Art Center recommends that works not exceed $10,000. Insurance value will be set at 60% of sale value. All work will be insured while in the Wayne Art Center facility.
The price submitted on the entry form must remain throughout the duration of the show. Wayne Art Center will retain 40% commission of the sale price, or on any sale that results from mediation by the Wayne Art Center staff.
If artwork is sold during the application process or after acceptance into the show, the artist must contact Wayne Art Center, and the piece will be disqualified. Wayne Art Center will request a 40% commission on the sale of the work.
Accepted work must be for sale in order to be included in this exhibition and sale price must be listed on the entry application. Once this price is established with the online application, it CANNOT be revised on inventory sheets, or any communications. Otherwise, any noted price difference will be the responsibility of the artist and not Wayne Art Center.
WAYNE ART CENTER CONTACT
Nancy Campbell, Executive Director, email@example.com
Registration will open at midnight EST on March 1, 2018. The last day to register on time is September 14, 2018, until midnight EST. The last day to register late is September 18, 2018, until midnight EST. On-time registration fee is $45, and late registration fee is $65.
If you have any questions about the exhibition, please contact Nancy Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have technical questions about the online system, please contact CaFÉ.