Mt. Si Artist Guild Small Works Show
PO Box 1685
Snoqualmie, WA 98065
Entry Deadline: 7/27/18
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Entry Fee (Mt. Si Artist Guild Small Works Show): $25.00
Media Fee (per sample over minimum): $10.00
Online Entry June 8-July 27
Deadline for entry July 27, 6pm PST
Notification of acceptance August 10, by e-mail only
Artwork delivery Sunday, Sept. 9, 10am-2pm
Exhibition Sept 11 through October 6
Artist’s reception Sunday, September 16, 2-5pm
Art pickup Sunday, October 7, 10am-2pm
First Place: $300
Second Place: $200
Third Place: $100
Honorable Mention: Gift Card $50
People’s Choice: Gift Card $50
ENTRY FEES: One piece $25. Two pieces $35. Limit 2 entries per person. All submitted art must meet size requirements. Entry fees are non-refundable.
RULES OF ENTRY:
All registration for this show is done online. After reviewing the prospectus thoroughly, artists should submit entries to the 2018 Small Works Show at: “Cafe website”. No mail-in registration is available. MSAG must receive all entries no later than July 27 at 6pm PST.
1. Entries juried into the show are based on images submitted with online registration. Artists should ensure that images of artwork are of good quality and are representative of the original. (Tip: If photographing your own work, avoid background clutter, glare, reflections on glass or skewing the proportions of the artwork. Be sure that the piece is in focus and properly lit.)
2. File format: JPEG or JPG only
File dimensions: 1200 pixels or greater on the longest side. Anything larger than 1200 px will be resized to fit the limitations.
File size: under 5 MB
3. Final framed artwork must measure 154 square inches or less, including the framing. Minimum size for framed art is 8” x 10”. Calculate area by measuring the height and width of the finished piece from the outside edges of the frame (or piece, if unframed). Multiply the height by the width; it must equal 154 inches or less. All painting or drawing media are eligible except photography and computer-generated art. No 3D artwork, photography, or computer- generated art will be considered for this show.
4. All works must be 2D originals and must be for sale. The suggested minimum price for artwork is $150. MSAG will retain a 30% commission from all works sold. Artists should price their work accordingly. For work sold during the show, MSAG will pay a 70% commission to the artist. Commission will be sent by mail within 30 days of show close.
5. Only original 2D works created by the artist will be accepted. No work produced in a workshop or class can be accepted. Entries must not be copies, derivatives of, nor be based on the work of another artist or of copyrighted or trademarked material. No photographic or computer generated images can be accepted. Entries must have been created in the past two (2) years, and must not have been previously shown at MSAG or Art Gallery of SnoValley.
6. All artwork must be properly finished.
a. All artwork must be properly wired for hanging. Sawtooth hangers, brackets, or exposed glass edges will not be accepted.
b. All artwork must have a label attached with the artist’s name, title of the artwork, medium and price.
c. Unframed gallery-wrapped canvas must have finished sides.
d. No wet artworks will be accepted.
e. No shipped artwork can be accepted for this show.
f. MSAG reserves the right to refuse any entry that does not meet the above specifications or that may be offensive to patrons of the venue.
7. You will be asked to sign the Gallery Release form, claim check and an Artist Inventory listing the piece on intake.
8. A current W-9 form must be on file to pay commission on any sales, which will be processed at the end of the exhibition.
9. Artists’ submitted images may be used to promote the show to the public via print and online publications, social media, postcards and posters. MSAG will use artists’ images for promotional purposes only. Artists retain rights to their work.
Delivery and Pick-Up:
1. MSAG will notify artists by August 10 whether their work is accepted into the show.
2. Accepted work must be delivered to the gallery on Sunday Sept. 9 between 10 A.M. and 2 P.M. Unless you have made special arrangements, please do not deliver artworks to the gallery before Sept.9. All artwork must remain in the gallery for the duration of the show. Sold work will hang until after the show closes.
3. With proper receipt/claim check, the artist or artist’s representative must pick up their unsold artworks on Sunday October 7 between 10:00 A.M and 2:00 P.M.
4. If the artwork is not picked up by 2:00 P.M. Oct. 7, and MSAG is not contacted and other arrangements agreed upon, the artwork will be considered abandoned and will become the property of MSAG.