Concrete and Adrift: On the Poverty Line
933 Second Street
Alexandria, LA 71301
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Exhibitions
Event Dates: 3/1/19 - 6/22/19
Entry Deadline: 10/31/18
Images - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 3
Audio - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 3
Video - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Partnering with Sordid and Sacred, this juried exhibition will feature work by contemporary artists on the subjects of poverty and homelessness. Poverty and homelessness are often underrepresented and misunderstood topics in our society today, and are issues that everyone sees likely more often than they realize. Through Concrete & Adrift, AMoA will work with contemporary artists to bring discussions of poverty and homelessness to the forefront. The exhibition will be juried from regional and national submissions and will feature a variety of media.
- Artists working in all media are invited to enter three works for exhibition.
- Works must have been created in the past six years and focus on subjects of poverty and homelessness.
- Three-dimensional entries must be full view, with multiple views combined into one image.
- There are no dimension restrictions for entries.
- Works in video must be no longer than 30 minutes.
- Works will be juried by Alexandria Museum of Art staff.
- Selected works will be displayed in a gallery with approximately 1700 square feet and 175 linear feet.
- Jurying will begin November 1, 2018 and artist notification will occur on or before January 4, 2019.
- Invited artists will be asked to deliver their artwork to the museum by February 19th, 2019.
- Work selected for exhibit must arrive with clear installation instructions.
- An opening reception will be held for the exhibition on Friday, March 15th at the Alexandria Museum of Art.