The mailing address for the Maple Grove Arts Center is:
11666 Fountains Drive
Maple Grove, MN 55369
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 11/2/18
Images - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 10
Total Media - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 10
Admin (Early in-person drop off fee): $10.00
The Main Show will be at Hopkins Center for the Arts, 1111 Mainstreet, Hopkins, MN 55343, www.HopkinsArtsCenter.com. There is temporary street parking located directly in front of the Hopkins Center for the Arts that is available for in-person drop-off and pick-up. Free parking is also available at the parking ramp located at the corner of Mainstreet and 11th Avenue diagonally across from the Hopkins Art Center.
The Traveling Exhibitions will be hosted by the American Swedish Institute, 2600 Park Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55407, www.ASImn.org, and the Maple Grove Arts Center, 11666 Fountains Drive N., Maple Grove, MN 55369, www.maplegroveartscenter.org. The Maple Grove Arts Center is the sponsor of the Arts in Harmony Art Show. Please make any checks payable to the Maple Grove Arts Center and write Arts in Harmony 2019 and the purpose of the check on the memo line.
Correspondence and checks should be sent to Maple Grove Arts Center. P.O. Box 1643, Maple Grove, MN 55369.
The Maple Grove Arts Center is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit, tax exempt organization.
Please note that the early drop-off site and shipping site are located at Christ The King Lutheran Church, 1900 Seventh Street NW, New Brighton, MN 55112, Phone: 651-633-4674.
Media: Acrylic, ceramic, drawing, fiber, glass, mixed media, oil, pastel, print, photograph, sequential art, sculpture, and watercolor artworks.
ELIGIBILITY Open to all living artists. Entries must be ORIGINAL work not exhibited in previous Arts in Harmony shows. Artwork must be suitable for viewing by people of all ages. Nudes, copies, class work, or fragile work will not be considered. The Maple Grove Arts Center reserves the right to determine acceptability.
Entry Fees (Application Fees): Two images for $35 and additional images for $5 each may be submitted. A total of up to 10 images may be submitted. A maximum of three artworks may be selected for the exhibition.
- Make sure that your email address is accurate. Later Arts in Harmony communications will use this email address.
- Digital images must comply with standard CaFE (CallForEntry.org) specifications.
- Maximum width of the horizontal dimension is 45 inches (this dimension runs from one outer edge of the frame to the opposite outer edge of the frame). Up to 2 works with outer edge of the frame to the opposite outer edge of the frame dimensions of 60 inches may be accepted if juried into the show.
- Free-standing sculpture must fit through a standard door space and be light enough such that a manual dolly can handle the work. All hanging work must be properly framed (gallery wrap - no staples showing on the edges is also acceptable) and have a hanging wire. No sawtooth or photo hangers. Drawings, prints, photographs, watercolors, and batik not under glass or plexiglass must be completely fixed to a backing board. Shippers, please note that glass is both heavy and potentially subject to breakage in transit. Plexiglass is a good substitute for glass.
- Accepted entries must remain on exhibit for the duration of the Main Show or the Traveling Show if accepted. You will be asked as part of the registration process if you wish to have your work considered for inclusion in the Travelling Shows.
- All accepted work must have the name of the artist and the title of the work placed on the back, preferably on the upper left hand corner, or on the bottom or the back of sculptures.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND DATES
- Main Exhibition Location and Dates: Hopkins Center for the Arts, 1111 Mainstreet, Hopkins, MN 55343, www.HopkinsArtsCenter.com. Thursday, January 10 – Sunday, February 17, 2019.
- Traveling Show Location and Dates: American Swedish Institute, 2600 Park Avenue, Minneapolis, MN, 55407, Friday, February 22 – Sunday, March 24, 2019.
- Traveling Show Location and Dates: Maple Grove Arts Center, 11666 Fountains Drive N., Maple Grove, MN 55369, Friday, February 22 – Thursday, March 28, 2019.
- Application Dates: www.CallForEntry.org: Title: 24th Arts in Harmony 2019 Annual International Show – Arts North Exhibition -- Wednesday, July 11 – Tuesday, October 30, 2018, at 11:59:59 pm Mountain Time.
- Notification of Acceptance: Tuesday, December 4, 2018.
Early in-person drop-off: ($10 per artist) is available through Thursday, January 3, 2019. Drop-off will be at Christ The King Lutheran Church, 1900 Seventh Street NW, New Brighton, MN 55112, www.lifeatctk.org. between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:30 pm, Monday – Thursday.
Free in-person drop-off of accepted artwork: Friday, January 4, 2019, 4:00 – 7:00 pm and Saturday, January 5, 2019, noon – 5:00 pm, at the Hopkins Center for the Arts, 1111 Mainstreet, Hopkins, MN 55343, www.HopkinsArtsCenter.com.
Fee for shipped artwork (unpacking/repacking fee): ($15 per box). Last receipt date is Thursday, January 3, 2019. Shipped packages must also include prepaid return shipping label(s). Artworks should be shipped to: Christ The King Lutheran Church, 1900 Seventh Street NW, New Brighton, MN 55112, www.lifeatctk.org. between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:30 pm.
Reception: Thursday, January 10, 2019, 6:00 – 8:00 pm, Hopkins Center for the Arts.
In-person return of artwork from the main show: Hopkins Center for the Arts, Sunday, February 17, 5:00 – 7:00 pm and Monday, February 18, 2019, noon – 8:00 pm. This is for art that is not traveling to the American Swedish Institute or the Maple Grove Arts Center.
Artwork from the main exhibition that is not picked up at the Hopkins Center for the Arts during the dates/times given above, and not included in the Traveling Shows, will be stored at Christ The King Lutheran Church.
In-person pick-up from the Traveling Shows: Christ The King Lutheran Church, Friday, March 29, 2019, noon - 4:30 pm and Saturday, March 30, 2019, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm.
Pick-up outside of the above stated hours can be arranged. Please email Robert Meyer at email@example.com at least one day prior to your planned pick-up date to work out a mutually agreed-upon pick-up date and time.
Return of shipped work from the main exhibition: Begins Tuesday, February 19, 2019. If some shipped artwork from the Main Show is included in the Traveling Shows, unsold work(s) will be shipped back at the conclusion of the Traveling Show, starting Monday, April 1, 2019.
JURYING $10,000 in awards are available – distributed over a possible 65 awards. Awards are subject to the discretion of the juror(s). All jury decisions are final. Private Awards will be selected by the sponsors.