Loading Dock Gallery
122 Western Avenue Box 127
Lowell, MA 01851
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Exhibitions
Event Dates: 8/8/19 - 2/11/19
Entry Deadline: 2/11/19
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Video - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Loading Dock Gallery
122 Western Avenue
Lowell, MA 01851
Exhibit: February 27, 2019 – March 31, 2019Reception: March 2, 4-6pm, 2019
Entry Fee: (Non-Member): $35. for 3 entries, Loading Dock Gallery Member $25. for 3 entries (Loading Dock Gallery members must use the CaFE coupon for the discount.)
Fiberlicious is a juried exhibition of fiber / textile art exploring materials and concepts that are so attractive to your senses, they are fiberlicious! Do you use fiber techniques or incorporate fiber into your work? We welcome submissions from any media as long as it is inspired by, related to or created from fiber / textiles. We encourage: the unique and unusual, 2-D or 3-D, video or digitally-generated, wearable, installation, mobile or static.
- Open to artists 18 years of age and older, living in the New England Region.
- Applicants must consider driving distances; the Loading Dock Gallery will only accept artwork delivered by hand and returned by hand. No mail-in submissions accepted.
- Work must be original and completed after December 2016.
- May submit up to three (3) entries
- Innovative two- and three-dimensional fiber art is encouraged.
- Video or digitally-generated fiber artwork is encouraged.
- Any and all materials are acceptable in the construction of the entry. We encourage the use of technology, slow cloth, traditional or non-traditional materials, and eco-friendly materials in the creation of entries.
- 2-D size requirements:
- no larger than 48” x 48”, including frame,
- no more than 50lbs. and be ready-to-hang, with own hardware or other apparatus suitable for drywall surface. No sawtooth hangers.
- 3-D size requirements:
- Can be free-standing, pedestal, wall hung, or ceiling hung with no restriction on material
- Free-standing work must not weigh more than 150 lbs.
- Hanging 3-D artwork must be provided with its own artist-installed hanging hardware suitable to support its total weight on drywall surfaces with no special safety requirements accepted. No sawtooth hangers.
- Installation Artwork:
- No larger than 48” x 48” in circumference, total length including hanging hardware can be 16’.
- Must provide all presentation equipment including; computer, cords, projector, etc. The Loading Dock Gallery will not be able to assist with technology.
- Installation, mobile, static, or electrostatic: video is acceptable as a way to send images of your work, see https://www.callforentry.org/image_prep.phtml#upd for instructions.
- All work must be for sale.
Digital Images: Work will be judged from digital images. Instructions for sending photos and videos are found at: https://www.callforentry.org/image_prep.phtml#upd . Work which differs significantly from the image representing it will be disqualified.
Jury: Jurors will be chosen from a pool of fiber / textile experts.
Jury Notification: All participants will be notified of their status via email by February 12, 2019.
Award: The Loading Dock Gallery will award "Best in Show".
Delivery: Applicants must consider driving distances; the Loading Dock Gallery will only accept artwork delivered by hand and returned by hand. No mail-in submissions accepted. Delivery is expected during the hours of operation of the gallery until 3pm on February 24th.
Selection: Selection will be based on the overall quality of the work and its compliance with the standards stated in “Entry Requirements”. The Loading Dock Gallery reserves the right to reject works judged too fragile or unstable for display, that differ from the digital image(s) or description submitted, or which are found to be not professionally presented. All work must be original.
Insurance: The Loading Dock Gallery insures objects on loan while they are at the Gallery. Works are not insured in transit to and from the Gallery. The price/insurance valuation should reasonably reflect the value of the artwork. Proof of valuation will be required should a claim be filed. There is a $500.00 deductible on each item.
The Gallery will not be responsible for damage of artwork that has been deemed by Gallery personnel as too fragile, unstable, or improperly prepared for hanging. This work will not be accepted into the show. Artwork is not insured if left beyond the designated pick-up days.