165 7th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11215
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
State: New York
Entry Deadline: 9/28/18
Images - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 12
Total Media - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 12
Landscape: Real and Imagined
International Juried Art Exhibition NYC
November 16, 2018 – December 15, 2018
This is an open call to artists for an exhibition at Site:Brooklyn.
Landscape posits the challenge of how we imagine, view and engage with the world around us. This exhibition seeks to show how contemporary artists take up this challenge.
ABOUT THE JUROR:
Eileen Jeng Lynch is the Curator of Visual Arts at Wave Hill New York Public Garden and Culture center. She curates the Sunroom Project Space for emerging artists and is involved in all aspects of visual arts programming, including exhibitions in Glyndor Gallery, publications, and the annual Winter Workspace program. As an independent curator, Jeng Lynch organized exhibitions that featured emerging and established contemporary artists in galleries and nonprofit institutions, including Sperone Westwater, Lesley Heller Gallery, Dorsky Gallery Curatorial Programs, and Radiator Gallery and worked at the Art Institute of Chicago. She has contributed toTwo Coats of Paint and On-Verge.
Site:Brooklyn is a gallery dedicated to exhibiting the current practice of contemporary artists.
CALL TO ARTISTS FOR SUBMISSIONS:
Call Announcement Date: August 9, 2018
Final Submission Deadline: September 28, 2018
Notification Letter Date: October 6, 2018
Gallery Exhibition Dates: November 16 –December 15, 2018
Opening Reception: Friday November 16, 2018 from 6-9PM
ELIGIBILITY: This call for submission is open to all artists 18 years of age or older. This is a juried exhibition for artists working in 2-dimensional media.
JURYING: Entries that differ significantly from their digital images may be rejected. The decision of the judges, are final.
SUBMISSIONS AND FEES: Only original works may be submitted. The fee is $35. The fee is for up to three (3) images, plus $10 for each additional image.
A completed application consists of the following information and files: Name, contact information, Images,
Text descriptors for each image must include Title, Year Completed, Medium & Dimensions
All entries must be registered/received by midnight September 28, 2018 MST
All entry fees are non-refundable.
DIRECTIONS FOR ONLINE SUBMISSION:
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTED ARTWORK:
1. Maximum Size: 72” X 60” X 4” D
2. All artwork (work) must be suitably framed to a professional standard. All framed work must use Plexiglas, except hand-delivered work less than 24” x 30”. Assemblage, canvas and wood panels do not require a frame. No clip frames, saw-tooth hangers or taped edges are permitted.
3. Work must be wired or have a cleat attachment and be ready for hanging. A label must be affixed to the back of the work that indicates which end is the top and includes the following: Artist Name, Title, Medium, Dimensions, and Price. This information must correspond with the Accepted image as listed on Notification form. No price or title changes are allowed after entry. No artwork may be substituted.
4. All artwork must be priced for sale.
5. Work cannot be withdrawn, nor sales shipped, before the end of the exhibit.
ACCEPTANCE: Notification of acceptance of work will be made via e-mail by, October 6, 2018. A return confirmation of participation is required by October 9, 2018 to hold a spot in the exhibition.
DELIVERY OF ACCEPTED WORK:
1. All Shipped work must arrive at the gallery between October 22 and November 5, 2018. Shipping address is Site:Brooklyn 165 7th Street, Brooklyn, New York 11215 (UPS and Fedex are our preferred carriers). The artist assumes all responsibility for insuring artwork against shipping damage or loss. Please do not use Styrofoam popcorn packing. Artists will be responsible for delivery and return shipping of all their artwork. All work must be gallery ready for installation.
2. Work can be hand delivered to Site:Brooklyn 165 7th Street, Brooklyn, New York 11215 by artist or artist’s agent on Sunday November 4 and Monday November 5, 2018 from 12:00-5:00 P.M. Hand-delivered works must be removed by artist or artist’s agent. - see paragraph on Hand Removal below.
RETURN: - Shipped work must be packaged in a reusable container. A prepaid label for its return must be enclosed. Shipping address Site:Brooklyn 165 7th Street Brooklyn, NY 11215. The gallery accepts no responsibility damages in shipping or work left in the gallery after pick up date.
HAND REMOVAL: Hand-delivered artwork must be picked up Monday December 17 and Tuesday December 18 12:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. Any work not removed during this specified time will be stored for a month at the rate of $5.00 a day and disposed of in accordance with NYS law.
LATE ARRIVAL AND RETURNS: Site:Brooklyn reserves the right to reject and return work that is late.
LIABILITY: Site:Brooklyn is not responsible for any damage, breakage, replacement or cost associated with any damage or breakage that may have occurred during transport or unpacking the work. Every precaution will be taken in handling the work, but Site:Brooklyn assumes no liability for any loss or damage to any artist’s work while in our care, custody or control, before, during or after the exhibition. Each artist, if they wish, needs to provide their own insurance.
SALES, COMMISSIONS: Site:Brooklyn will retain a 50% commission on all exhibition sales. The price represented on the artist entry form will be the sale price. No changes will be allowed. Sold works will remain until the end of the exhibition.
USE OF IMAGES: Any image submitted may be used for marketing and promotional purposes directly related to this show. This use may include publication in any publications, printed materials, advertisements, or electronic media. Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist.
CONTACT/QUESTIONS: Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
ENTRY AGREEMENT: With the submission of artwork into the “Landscape: Real and Imagined” Exhibition, the artist agrees to all the terms and conditions set forth in this prospectus.