Holy Moly (Religious and/or Political Commentary in Contemporary Art)
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 10/16/18
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Holy Moly / Religious and / or Political Commentary in Contemporary Art
October 28, 2018 – January 5, 2019
What is religion, what is politics? Is it real, fantasy, calming, confusing, fake, corrupt, what do you think, how does it make you feel, how do you interpret the current political situation? Can religion be part of politics? Paint it, draw it, sculpt it. Create your passion.
- Application Deadline is October 16, 2018
- All entries must go through CaFÉ ( callforentry.org )
- Accepted work drop off to gallery Wednesday, October 24 from 1-3 or Thursday, October 25 between 11-3.
All media accepted, oil, acrylic, watercolor, drawing, ink, assemblage, collage, prints (etching, intaglio, woodcut, mono-print etc.) photography and sculpture (stone, clay, wood, paper, paper maché, bronze).
Juror: Greg Moon
Greg Moon received his BFA from the University of Texas in Austin and has been showing professionally since 1989 in galleries and museum shows; at this point he has participated in over 120 exhibitions and has amassed 18 one-man shows. His work is split between several diverse bodies of work that reflect his varied aesthetic tastes and interests. At present, his artwork includes more traditional media such as watercolor, gouache, and oil painting. He also produces work in the realms of assemblage and mixed media. His namesake gallery located on Gallery Row in the central historical district of Taos, prides itself in continuing the fine art traditions of Taos. They specialize in contemporary works ranging from oils to assemblage with genres of work that include realism, outsider art, and pop-surrealism.
Who can submit?
This is a regional call for entry for Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico and Utah artists. While work can be submitted digitally, accepted artists must be able to deliver their work to the gallery in person (or representative) on a specific day as well as pick up their work when the exhibit closes. A list of accepted artist will be available so those artists that are several hours from Denver can make arrangements for car sharing or shared delivery/pick up options. We cannot accept mailed work.
Art must be original and created by the artist, no reproductions or giclees (of original paintings or drawings). All 2D work must be ready to hang with a secure wire on the back. Simple black frames are suggested. No plastic frames, no white frames, no saw tooth or triangle hangers.
- Work must be no larger than 48 in. wide by 60 in. high
- All 3D work must not exceed 50 pounds.
- Sculpture must be sturdy and stand-alone.
- If the 3D work is to be hung on the wall it cannot exceed 25 pounds.
- All art must be marked clearly on the back of work with artists name, title of art, medium, size and price.
- Gallery has liability insurance.
- It is recommended that artists carry their own insurance.
- Accepted work must be no larger than 48 wide x 60 inches in height.
- All work must be delivered to the gallery
- Gallery has the right to use images of artwork entered for publicity.
Schedule and Deadlines:
- Deadline to enter....October 16, 2018n n
- Enter only on CaFÉ
- Announcement of accepted work via e-mail..... October 20, 2018
- Artwork drop off....... Wednesday, Oct 24 between 1-3 or October 25 between 11-2 pm
- Please drop off at the gallery, 915 Santa Fe Drive, Denver.
- Exhibit dates......October 28, 2018 ~ January 5, 2019
- Opening and Artists Reception ......Sunday, October 28 from 12-3:00 pm
- Last day of exhibit......Saturday, January 5 from 1-4pm
- Art pickup of unsold art...... Saturday, January 5 from 4-6
Sold artwork .....Artists will be paid within 30 days after the end of the exhibit.
Other special events to be announced.
Please DROP OFF artwork in person to the gallery business address:
Niza Knoll Gallery
915 Santa Fe Drive
Denver, CO. 80204
Drop off is October 24 between 11 - 2 pm. Dropped off work must be no larger than 48 inches wide by 60 inches high.
- $35.00 for up to three entriesnArtists get 60% of retail sales......Gallery gets 40% of retail sales
- Fee is non refundable
- The price of your work should include the 40% that will be deducted (eg... if you priced your work at $100.00 40% will be deducted )
- Awards of recognition will be given. Specific categories are to be determined.
- Artwork chosen for the exhibit must be well executed and ready to hang.
- The gallery has the right to disqualify a selected piece if it does not follow the guidelines or does not look like the image on the entry form.