Event Dates: 4/27/19 - 4/28/19
Entry Deadline: 3/15/19
Days remaining to deadline: 95
Images - Minimum: 6, Maximum: 6
Total Media - Minimum: 6, Maximum: 6
Entry Fee (Early Bird Art Springs 2019): $20.00
Entry Fee (Regular Art Springs 2019): $30.00
Art Springs is the free 2-day outdoor festival portion of the annual Hot Springs celebration – Arts & The Park. Art Springs is a juried festival bursting with talented fine artists, artisans. and fine crafts. New in 2019 expanded venue area which includes Art Village for fine artists and artisans and Marketplace for fine crafts. Art Springs is held at the Hill Wheatley Plaza in downtown historic Hot Springs and is open from 10 am to 6 pm on Saturday, April 27 and 10 am – 4 pm on Sunday, April 28, 2019.
Historic Hot Springs with its National Park attracts visitors from Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Texas, Tennesee and Louisiana, as well as visitors from other states and countries. Art Springs 2018 attendance was over 5,000. Art Springs includes Art Village for fine artist and fine artisan booths, a Marketplace for fine crafts booths, a children's art activity area, art demonstrations, and free family-friendly entertainment. Food trucks and beverages for sale will be on site. Festival hotel discounts will be available at selected downtown hotels.
The call is open to all artists 18 years or older.
Artists must be in attendance for the duration of Art Springs.
Artists are encouraged to demonstrate their art in their booth.
- Artists must submit 6 images representative of the work they wish to exhibit. Include a photo of your typical booth, if possible.
- All art must be original and created by the applicant. Vendors and resellers are not permitted.
- Artists may only exhibit works in the media they were juried into.
- All jewelry must be hand-crafted and contain no more than 40% of purchased components (fittings, beads, etc).
- Artists may sell only representations of what their submitted photos depict.
- Reproductions (e.g. cards, prints) may comprise no more than 25% of inventory.
- The Hot Springs Area Cultural Alliance (Promoter) shall have the right to use all submitted photos in promotion and advertisement of the event.
- The event will proceed rain or shine.
- There will be no refunds or credits given.
Participation in Art Springs 2018 is through a juried process consisting of a panel of 3 jurors. The panel will review all submitted applications and select up to 60 artists, fine artisans and fine crafts. Consideration may be given to applicants with ties to the greater Hot Springs area and state of Arkansas, area of art, willingness to demonstrate in their booth, and the date of application.
Application Dates and Pricing
We have two levels for applications and pricing.
- The Early Bird application fee is $20.
- Applications must be received by December 15, 2018 to be considered and receive early bird pricing (application fee and booth pricing).
- Invitations will be sent to selected early bird applicants via email no later than January 15, 2019.
- Early Bird applicants must confirm/accept the invitation by Feb 1, 2019.
- Early Bird artists must pay booth fee in full by March 15, 2019.
- Early Bird Single booth, no electricity is $75/ with electricity $95.*
- Early Bird Double booth, no electricity is $150, with electricity is $190.*
- Early Bird Applicants, if invited to participate, may be named and/or featured in pre-event advertising and event promotions.
*Due to limited double booths and booths with electricity, apply as soon as possible.
- The application fee will be $30.
- Applications must be submitted between December 16, 2018 and March 15, 2019 to receive Regular pricing (application fee and booth pricing).
- Invitations will be sent to selected Regular applicants via email no later than March 18, 2019.
- Regular applicants must confirm/accept the invitation by April 1, 2019.
- Regular applicants must pay booth fee in full by April 15, 2019.
- Regular Single booth, no electricity is $100/ with electricity $125.*
- Regular Double booth, no electricity is $200, with electricity is $250.*
- Regular Applicants, if invited to participate, may be named and/or fetured in event promotions.
Three booth awards are given on Sunday, April 28:
Each category winner will receive a cash award and a free booth for Art Springs 2020.
- People's Choice
- Artists' Choice
- HSACA Board Choice
Days of Art Springs:
- Artists are responsible for their own tents, tables, chairs, displays, grounded extension cords and dollies/carts.
- Tents and all materials must fit in the assigned booth space.
- White tents are preferred.
- Artists must provide their own booth sign clearly identifying the name of the artist and/or studio.
- The venue is black top/concrete. Tents may not be anchored to the ground. Tents must be weighted down. Hot Springs can be quite windy. Artists must provide their own weights for their tents.
- All tables must be draped to the ground. All boxes and packing materials must be hidden from view.
- There will be a stage with on-going live entertainment. No televisions, radios, cd players, etc. are permitted during festival hours. No generators are permitted.
- All prices must be clearly marked. No Sales or Discount signs permitted.
- Artists are responsible for paying sales taxes in accordance with Arkansas Department of Revenue collection agent’s guide sheets. Sales tax information packets will be given to exhibiting artists.
- Artists are responsible for the delivery, handling, erection and removal of their work and exhibit tent, tables, chairs, and equipment.
- Artists are responsible for keeping their area clean including during tear down at the end of the day. Trash barrels will be available.
- There will be security overnight Friday and Saturday, however artists are encouraged to use sides of tents, lowering tents overnight, and securing their inventory. There will be an activity and/or entertainment on the stage Friday and Saturday nighrts.
- Artists check in at the Cultural Alliance Hub to receive their booth assignment
- Set up (expanded setup time for 2018):
- Friday, May 4, 2 - 6 pm
- Saturday, May 5, 7:00 am – 9:45 am
- All vehicles must be moved off the show grounds by 5 pm on Friday and by 8:30 am Saturday.
- Artist parking areas are within walking distance of the show grounds.
- Open hours:
- Saturday, April 27, 10 am – 6 pm*
- Sunday, April 28, 10 am – 4 pm.
- Tear down Sunday, April 28: 4 – 6 pm.