Entry Fee (Individual Artist): $125.00
Entry Fee (Group Venue): $250.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 6, Maximum:Max. 6
Audio | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 1
Video | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 1
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 6, Maximum:Max. 8
State: New Jersey
The Hunterdon Art Tour (THAT) is an annual countywide driving tour of artist’s studios. THAT cultivates awareness of and builds connections within Hunterdon County’s abundant creative and educational communities, and thereby gains recognition for the county as a vital home and destination for the arts.
In homage to the great American road trip, THAT curates a countywide studio tour along the region’s scenic by-ways, linking together a mixture of arts venues and studios as engaging day trips. Through these enriched interactions, THAT supports diverse artists of all ages working in the fine, visual, performing and literary arts.
- Is envisioned as the signature event through which artists, arts educators, cultural leaders and creative-minded people can find each other, form peer groups, foster opportunities for collaboration, curate events and exhibitions and engage youth through the schools.
- Strengthens existing partnerships and forges new connections across the county’s 26 municipalities.
- Offers visitors an opportunity to interact with artists in intimate settings located amongst the lands we call home.
- Helps illuminate what it means to be a Hunterdon County artist at this time in history, here in Hunterdon County and in relation to the wider world.
Tour Dates: The 2019 Tour of artists' studios will be on Saturday, May 4th and Sunday, May 5th from 10 AM to 6 PM each day.
Application deadline: The deadline for entry into the Tour is February 15, 2019.
Fees and Tour venues: The Tour fee for an individual artist is $125; for a group venue it is $250. If you are a student artist, please contact us at email@example.com a discounted rate.
- If you enter as an individual artist, your studio will be shown on both online and printed maps designed specifically to facilitate the Tour to visitors; you will have your own artist's page on THAT's website (www.thehunterdonarttour.com), and you have the option of putting a piece in the Hunterdon Art Museum exhibition and sale.
- As an alternative, artists may choose to enter the Tour as a group venue. This is a more economical way to participate in the Tour if multiple artists choose to exhibit together at one location. Group venues will be shown on both online and printed maps and will have a page on THAT's website.
- If you are participating in the Tour with other artists at a group venue, and you want the benefits of an individual artist, you must enter as an individual artist.
- THAT includes an artist-supported exhibition, sale and Tour opening reception at the Hunterdon Art Museum in Clinton on Friday, May 3rdfrom 7 PM to 9 PM. (See details below.)
Mediums accepted:painting, drawing, photography, printmaking, sculpture, performance, film, mixed media, textiles, ceramics, woodworking, glass and jewelry.
Image Submissions:Entry for an individual artist must include 6 images: 5 of artwork and 1 of the artist in their studio. Group venues are required to submit 6 images that show any combination of the venue and artwork.
Exhibition and Sale:Artists are encouraged to submit one piece of artwork for a show and sale at THAT's opening event to be held on Friday evening, May 3, 2019 at the Hunterdon Art Museum (HAM). If sold, 25% of the price of the work will be a donation to THAT to help fund the 2020 Tour and 25% will go to HAM. The remaining 50% goes to the artist. Unsold work will be returned to the artist. To participate you will be required to sign an exhibition loan agreement specific to Hunterdon Art Museum, which is located in the application. Drop off and pick up of artwork at the Hunterdon Art Museum is the responsibility of the artist.
For more information visit http://www.thehunterdonarttour.com/artist-application/