142 Lincoln Ave, Suite 102
Santa Fe, NM 87501
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
State: New Mexico
Entry Deadline: 1/14/19
Images - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 5
Total Media - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 5
New Contemporary: High Art, Low Art, and everything in between - is a national juried competition open to all artists working in painting, printmaking, drawing, mixed media, digital, collage, sculpture, and photography. We are looking for art that pushes the boundaries in a variety of genres including but not limited to: High Brow, Low Brow, Pop Surrealism, Hyperrealism, Graffiti Art, and Abstract Art. Entrants must be 18 years or older. Artwork created under the supervision of an instructor is not eligible. Submitted work must have been executed in the last five years.
Submission deadline: January 14 2019
Notification of acceptance or non-acceptance by: January 28, 2019
Deadline for receiving shipped work: February 18, 2019
Deadline for hand delivered work : February 18, 2019
Exhibition Dates February 22 – March 17, 2019
Artist Reception: Friday February 22, 5:00- 8:00pm
About the Juror
Jared Antonio-Justo Trujillo is an artist and the gallery director at Keep Contemporary. He has curated exhibitions and public programming for a diverse set of art institutions across the US. His work has been exhibited nationally and internationally and is held in private and institutional collections.
About the Gallery
KEEP Contemporary is one of Santa Fe’s newest and more unconventional art spaces bringing fresh energy to the local art scene. Owner Jared Antonio-Justo Trujillo is an artist and Santa Fe native who saw a niche that needed to be filled, inspiring him to create a platform for “new contemporary art.” Trujillo features artists who he feels deserve more exposure and now represents nearly 40 painters and sculptors. “I opened the gallery with the whole idea of giving voice to artists who don’t have one in a conservative art market,” he says.
2D work - maximum dimensions: 6x10 feet and must not weigh more than 50 lbs uncrated.
3D work may not exceed 80”x 32” x 48” and not exceed 50lbs
Reproduction of Images
Entering this competition indicates agreement that images may be used for promoting the exhibition. This may include but is not limited to announcements, invitations, newsletters, and press releases.
Notification of acceptance/non-acceptance will be via email. Please be sure to set your email to accept messages from café, to prevent your notification from going into your Junk Mail or Spam folder.
There is a non-refundable $40 entry fee for the submission of one to three images, and $5 for each additional image. The maximum number of images that may be submitted is 5.
Payment is made online through CaFE with a credit card.
The artist is responsible for all shipping arrangements and costs, including insuring the art during shipping.
All work shipped must be in sent in reusable crates or cartons and must include a prepaid return shipping label. Works submitted without this label or a reusable carton or crate will not be returned.
The gallery will assume no responsibility for any damages incurred during shipping.
Artwork may not be packed in plastic “peanuts” or other loose packing materials.
· The gallery will retain a 35% commission on all sales
· Artwork will be insured for the duration of the exhibit
· Artwork must remain on display for the duration of the exhibition
· Sales price is determined by artist, all works must be for sale
· The gallery reserves the right not to exhibit any artwork that differs significantly from the submitted image and/or is not properly prepared for installation.
· 2D artwork must be wired for hanging. The wire must be attached with flat devices such as D-rings. No saw tooth hangers.
· Plexiglass or other lightweight, break resistant material must be used on all framed, shipped artwork, regardless of size.
· Shipped work will be returned the week of March 18th, 2019 using the prepaid return label provided by the artist.
· Pick up for hand delivered work will be Monday March 18th, 2019 10:00am-5:00pm