The Rice Gallery of Fine Art
4829 W. 119th Street
Overland Park, KS 66209
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 12/17/18
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 5
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 5
The Rice Gallery of Fine Art is now accepting submissions for Portraits & Figures: The 4th Annual National Juried Show!
This year’s juried event will celebrate the human form by exhibiting, promoting, and selling an exclusive survey of ORIGINAL PORTRAITS AND FIGURE PAINTINGS. Our experienced jurors will select the finest original paintings of human figures from artists all over the country for an exclusive feature show at The Rice Gallery of Fine Art, opening Friday, February 1st, 2019.
- Artists may submit 1 to 5 images of their best human figure paintings to be judged on an individual basis by our experienced panel of judges.
- All juried selections will be featured for sale in an exclusive gallery exhibition at The Rice Gallery of Fine Art, one of Kansas City’s premier fine art galleries. This show will be promoted via print, mail, and social media advertising.
- All selected paintings will be eligible for CASH PRIZES!
- All selected works will also be included in an online “digital art opening,” which will present images of each painting via Facebook, YouTube, and www.thericegallery.com for our online audience to purchase and enjoy.
A non-refundable online application fee of $35 will be collected from each artist submitting their works.
All entries must be submitted via CAFÉ (www.callforentry.org) no later than Monday, December 17th, 2018 (12/17/18).
Artists MUST be members of CAFÉ to submit their works. CAFÉ is free and easy to join for all artists.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to win cash prizes, sell your work, and add a prestigious fine art gallery exhibition to your artist resume. Sign up today!
Gallery and Jurors
The Rice Gallery of Fine Art offers an extensive selection of original fine art in the Kansas City area, representing many of the best artists from the Midwest region, as well as many established artists from across the nation. They proudly support the arts by organizing, hosting, and promoting an array of fine art events throughout the year.
The jury will be comprised of experienced fine art curators and professional art gallery personnel. They will use their collective knowledge and trained eyes to select a survey of the finest portraits and figure works from those submitted.
Rules and Regulations
- All entries must be submitted via CAFÉ (www.callforentry.org) by Monday, December 17th, 2018 (12/17/18).
- Artists MUST be members of CAFÉ to submit their works. CAFÉ is free and easy to join for all artists.
ENTRIES AND FEES:
- A non-refundable application fee of $35 will be collected from each artist submitting their works.
- This fee is payable online only by credit card via CAFÉ (www.callforentry.org).
- Limit one application per artist.
- Each artist may submit a maximum of 5 images (1 to 5 images) with their application.
- The artist will be responsible for ALL shipping expenses, to/from The Rice Gallery of Fine Art, on any works selected for exhibition (see SHIPPING POLICY below).
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
- All submissions MUST BE ORIGINAL PAINTINGS.
- Any work accepted to the juried show MUST BE present and available for sale for the duration of the scheduled exhibition.
- No prints, reproductions, or photography will be eligible for submission.
- All artwork MUST BE completely dry, framed, wired securely, and ready to hang in a fine art gallery setting.
- Canvases MUST BE framed or museum wrapped with finished/painted edges and wired to hang.
- Works on paper and mediums susceptible to smearing/smudging MUST BE protected under glass or plexi-glass.
- The Rice Gallery of Fine Art reserves the right to reject any artwork deemed improperly framed or improperly prepared for hanging.
- Selected works MUST BE received by The Rice Gallery of Fine Art, via local delivery or shipment, no later than Friday, January 25th, 2019 (01/25/19).
- Paintings that are NFS (not for sale) are ineligible for submission.
- While there are no numerical limitations to the size of each piece being submitted, please only submit paintings that can be easily packed and shipped safely to/from The Rice Gallery of Fine Art.
- All paintings submitted for judging will be reviewed by our jury between the dates of Tuesday, December 18th, 2018 and Friday, January 4th, 2019 (12/18/18 - 01/04/19).
- Each artist may submit up to 5 paintings to be judged.
- Each painting is judged on an individual basis and, therefore, considered on an individual basis for exhibition as well, not as a group.
- Selections will be announced via CAFÉ and/or via email no later than Monday, January 7th, 2019 (01/07/19).
- ABSOLUTELY NO PACKING PEANUTS PLEASE!
- The artist will be responsible for ALL shipping expenses, to/from The Rice Gallery of Fine Art, on any works selected for the exhibition.
- The artist will also be responsible for any shipping insurance related to their paintings while in transit to/from The Rice Gallery of Fine Art.
- The Rice Gallery of Fine Art IS NOT responsible for any work that is stolen, lost, or damaged once picked up by the shipper for return.
- All works of art shipped to The Rice Gallery of Fine Art MUST BE shipped securely and safely with packing materials that are easy to unpack and may be re-used to easily re-pack and return any works that have not sold at the exhibition’s conclusion to the artist at their expense.
- All shipments MUST BE sent “SIGNATURE REQUIRED” in order to be safely received by The Rice Gallery during their normal hours of business (10am-6pm Monday-Saturday).
- The Rice Gallery IS NOT responsible for any lost packages left with no signature required.
- ALL SHIPMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY FRIDAY, JANUARY 25TH, 2019 (01/25/19).
- Please use packing materials appropriate for safe shipping to/from The Rice Gallery of Fine Art.
- Shipments that appear to have major damage upon receipt will not be opened and the artist will be contacted immediately to assist in assessing the damage and determining how to proceed.
- The artist will also be contacted immediately if any major damage is discovered once a painting is unpacked.
- Minor scuffs and scratches to frames as well as typical wear and tear will not be considered “damage” and will be deemed acceptable at the discretion of The Rice Gallery of Fine Art.
- Artists are welcome to deliver/pickup their works in person at their discretion. Artists may arrange for other individuals to deliver/pickup their works by contacting The Rice Gallery of Fine Art beforehand.
EXHIBITION AND PRIZES:
- All selected paintings that are properly shipped and received properly framed/finished/wired/mounted will be hung and displayed for sale in a gallery exhibition which opens Friday, February 1st, 2019 5-8pm and concludes Friday, March 15th, 2019 (02/01/19 - 03/15/19) at The Rice Gallery of Fine Art in Overland Park, KS.
- All selected works will also be included in an online “digital art opening,” which will present images of each painting via Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and www.thericegallery.com
- This show will be promoted via print, mail, and social media advertising.
- All paintings selected for exhibition are eligible for cash prizes.
- Prize winners will be announced no later than Friday, February 1st, 2019 (02/01/19).
- All prize money will be paid to the winning artist(s) at the show’s completion via check and mailed to the address provided in the artist’s application.
- All paintings selected for this exhibition will be considered consigned inventory of The Rice Gallery of Fine Art and MUST BE for sale.
- A predetermined sales price MUST BE provided by the artist for each painting submitted to the show.
- The Rice Gallery of Fine art will collect a 35% commission on any paintings sold during the gallery exhibition.
- The Rice Gallery’s commission will be deducted from the provided sales price.
- Prior to receiving their portion of a sale, the artist must complete and submit a 2019 W9 form for tax purposes.
- The artist’s portion of all sales will be paid at the show’s completion via check and mailed to the address provided in the artist’s application.
EXHIBITION CLOSE AND RETURN OF UNSOLD WORK:
- The exhibition officially ends Friday, March 15th, 2019 (03/15/19).
- All unsold work will be returned via shipment or local pickup, just as it was received.
- Any work being picked up locally must be picked up no later than Monday, March 25th, 2019 (03/25/19).
- Return shipments must also be arranged no later than Monday, March 25th, 2019 (03/25/19).
- Paintings being returned via shipment will be packed and returned in the same packing materials they arrived in.
- The artist is responsible for arranging the return shipment of their painting(s).
- Pre-paid return labels may be enclosed in the original shipment or emailed to The Rice Gallery once the show has ended.
DEADLINE/IMPORTANT DATES SUMMARY:
- 12/17/18 - All entries are due via CAFÉ.
- 12/18/18 - 01/04/19 - Jury reviews submissions.
- 01/07/19 - Selections announced via CAFÉ no later than this date.
- 01/25/19 - Selected paintings MUST BE hand delivered or received via shipment to the Rice Gallery by this date.
- 02/01/19 - Opening show reception at The Rice Gallery of Fine Art from 5-8pm and Prize winners announced.
- 03/15/19 - Show concludes.
- 03/25/19 - Deadline for local pickup & return shipping arrangements.