The Barn / WACC Juried Exhibition
6980 Cambridge Ave.
Mariemont, OH 45227
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Competitions
Event Dates: 4/5/20 - 4/26/20
Entry Deadline: 2/28/20
Days remaining to deadline: 38
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Entry Fee (Member in good standing as of 12/31/19): $50.00
WOMAN’S ART CLUB OF CINCINNATI
127th Annual Juried Art Exhibition April 5 - 26, 2020
Woman’s Art Club Cultural Center, 6980 Cambridge Avenue, Mariemont, OH 45227, 513-272-3700
The Woman’s Art Club of Cincinnati is the oldest existing Woman's Art Club operating without interruption in the United States. Distinguished early members include Bessie Wessel, Elizabeth Nourse, and founders Dixie Seldon and Henrietta Wilson.
The goal of this exhibition is to showcase fine art works produced by women from Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky. The focus of the jurying process will be on craftsmanship, color, and composition with an emphasis upon diversity in style and subject. Computer-generated art will not be accepted.
Juror: This exhibition will be selected by Beth Clary Schwier. Ms. Schwier is an Indiana artist and teacher whose work has been described as Impressionist and Expressionist. Her long list of awards includes Best of Show at the 40th Annual Indiana Heritage Arts Juried Exhibition.
Judge: Professor Elizabeth Neal will select award winners. Ms. Neal is an Assistant Professor of Studio Art at Thomas More University, and Gallery Director of the College’s, Eva G. Farris Gallery. Her work includes commercial design and ﬁne art that has been acquired in national and regional private collections.
Eligibility: Women only. Must be at least 18 years of age and reside in Ohio, Indiana, or Kentucky. Note: accepted artwork must be hand delivered.
Awards total more than $3500. Best of Show Award — $1500.
Call for Entries
- Entries are digital and must be submitted online at CaFÉ — tinyurl.com/127CAFE
- Fee Payment — CaFÉ website at time of entry submission or by check made out to WACC as noted above. Checks must be received by February 28, 2020, in order for submission entry to be eligible for the competition/exhibition. Artists will be notiﬁed when checks are received.
- All work must be of original concept and design.
- Work created in an instructional setting, including, but not limited to, workshops and art classes, are not considered original artwork.
- Maximum entries, two (2); however, only one (1) may be accepted. (Entrance fee is the same for one or two entries.)
- Work must be for sale. Not-For-Sale (NFS) works will not be accepted.
- A 20% commission from sales will be required by the Woman’s Art Club of Cincinnati (WACC).
- Work must have been created within the last 3 years and not have previously been in a juried exhibition.
- Frames are required for most 2-D pieces — exceptions are gallery-wrap stretched canvas showing no bare or stapled edges, wall-mounted pieces designed to be displayed without frames (for example: fabric pieces, works on panels, wall sculptures, 2-D glass art, etc.) All works must be delivered ready-to-hang with all appropriate hanging hardware — saw-tooth hangers are not appropriate and will not be accepted.
- Size of wall art, including frame, must not exceed 40" x 40".
- Sculpture, glass, and other 3-D art work must be of a measurement to be exhibited atop a pedestal measuring 20” x 20” x 39”.
- Photography entries cannot be digitally enhanced, manipulated or altered.
- Small items such as jewelry must include display props.
- Accepted work must be hand-delivered and retrieved. No shipped works will be accepted
Submission Fee for up to two entries (only one may be accepted)
$50 — WACC members in good standing as of 12-31-19
$65 — Non-members
- Online: Fees are collected online through PayPal with any major credit or debit card at the end of this CAFE submission process. (You do not need your own Paypal account.) Also, please do not send payment via PayPal outside of this application.
- By Check: Checks can be sent to The Woman's Art Club of Cincinnati. Make check payable to WACC, and mail to the address below. Checks must be RECEIVED by the deadline of February 28, 2020 for the entry to be eligible. The artist will be notified when the check is received.
2020 Exhibition Calendar
February 28 (Friday) -- Deadline for Entry on CAFE and any fees paid by check must be received by February 28
March 15 (Sunday) -- Acceptance Notification
March 29 (Sunday 2 - 4 PM) -- Delivery of Entries — Hand Delivery Only
March 31 (Tuesday 10 AM - 1 PM) -- Delivery of Entries — Hand Delivery Only
April 5 (Sunday 2 - 4:30 PM) -- Exhibition Opening Reception & Awards Presentation
Awards Presented at 3:30 PM
Free Valet Parking
April 5 - 26, 2020 -- Exhibition Gallery Hours
Weekdays Tuesday-Friday, 10 AM - 2 PM
Weekends Saturday & Sunday, 1 - 4 PM
April 26 (Sunday) -- Closing Reception 1 - 4 PM
April 26, (Sunday 4 - 5 PM) -- Pick up Art
April 28 (Tuesday 10 AM - 1 PM) -- Pick up Art
Art work remaining at The Barn after May 28, 2020 becomes the property of the Woman’s Art Club of Cincinnati.