Attn: Aaron Qualls
Sandpoint City Hall
1123 Lake Street
Sandpoint Idaho, 83864
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Public Art
Entry Deadline: 6/25/20
Number of Applications Allowed: 3
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 6
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 6
The project is open to all artists residing in the United States regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual preference, gender identity or physical or mental disability. Local and Regional artists may be given preference. Artist teams are eligible to apply, including teams of artists from multiple disciplines. Selection panelists and their immediate family members are not eligible for participation. Artists must be 18 years of age.
The Artwork / Selection Criteria
- The artwork must be an original work of art made by the submitting artist. The artist must own the rights to the artwork and artwork must be available for the duration of the approximate one-year contract.
- The artwork may not contain advertising, religious references, sexual content, or convey political partisanship.
- Artwork must be durable in outdoor conditions, including snow and ice and surfaces must not be prone to environmental degradation, e.g. unsealed rust.
- The artwork shall not have kinetic elements or water features.
- Artwork must be structurally safe for display in public and must not have the potential to cause injury. All components must be securely fastened.
- Artwork must arrive in the same condition as portrayed in the application photographs. The commission reserves the right to refuse artwork if it does not match the photographs submitted.
- Artwork minimum size: 24” x 24” x 24”, maximum size, 48” x 48” x 48”.
- The footprint of the artwork must be able to be securely bolted onto a 16” x 16” x 1/4” powder coated steel attachment plate. The city will provide a mounting plate template pdf at time of selection. Installation method for artwork should be welded tabs or a similar easy install method using bolts.
- Artwork must weigh no more than 300 pounds.
The Artist may submit up to three sculptures, but must present each piece in a separate application. Applications containing more than one sculpture will be disqualified. Each application must include:
- A resume and references
- Two or three (2-3) clearly identified images or videos of a single work of art.
- Artist must include a description of the submitted work including medium, dimensions, weight, title, date of construction, cleaning and maintenance instructions, stated insurance value and sale price.
- Only completed original artwork will be considered.
Budget & Payment Schedule
Each selected artist will be provided $1000 for the provision, installation and removal of the art. The city will receive a 10% commission if artwork is sold as a result of project participation.
- Must complete and sign the Artist Loan Agreement with the City of Sandpoint.
- All works must be ready for exhibition installation within two weeks of Agreement execution.
- Provide instructions for maintenance of the artwork.
- Provide information on request for website, brochure and other promotional materials.
- Maintain up to date contact information with the city for correspondence.
- Pay $1000 provision to each of the three selected artists for the provision, installation and removal of the artwork.
- Provide limited liability insurance for the artwork.
- Maintain the artwork according to the specifications outlined by the artist.
- Promote the artwork and artist including, but not limited to:
- Inclusion in various media outlets and press releases.
- Recognition on the City of Sandpoint’s online channels.
- A plaque/signage at the base of the artwork.
- Include the artist and highlight the sculpture at any Sculpture Walk event or reception.