Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 5/13/19
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 1
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 1
NWS 99th International Open Exhibition
Exhibition Dates: October 3– November 17, 2019
April 8- May10 Entries accepted at www.callforentry.org
May 13 Entry deadline – 11:59 PM, MDT
June 10 List of accepted artists posted to NWS website
June 10 July 12 Accepted artwork shipped by artists per Exhibitors' Documents
October 19 Opening reception 2-6 pm
October 3—Nov. 17 Exhibition dates
GENERAL QUESTIONS about the exhibition and entry:
Penny Hill, NWS Director-Exhibitions:
AWARDS: $45,000 in Cash and Merchandise
JURORS of SELECTION:
Jean Grastorf, NWS, AWS DF,TWSA Master: Chair : jeangrastorf.com
Elaine Daily- Birnbaum NWS: dailyart.us
Frank Eber NWS: frankeber.com
JUDGE of AWARDS:
Brian Rutenberg, a Fulbright Scholar, New York Foundation of the Arts Fellow, an Irish Museum of Modern Art visiting artist program participant. His popular You Tube videos “Brian Rutenberg Studio Visits” are viewed daily all over the world, and his new book “Clear Seeing Place” released 2016 is a best seller.
1. Artists must be 18 years or older.
2. Each artist may enter only one painting.
3. Work must have been completed in the last two years.
4. Work previously exhibited in any National or International Open Exhibition or NWS Members Exhibition is ineligible.
5. Painting must be primarily water-based media on any appropriate 2 dimensional water media surface.
6. Other media, if used, must be in conjunction with the water media, which must be dominant.
7. No digital media, photography, prints or reproductions may be used in the painting.
Your entry must be an original work of art, painted only by you, and not produced in a class or workshop.
a. Photo reference material must have been taken by you.
9. Artwork image size: Minimum size is 5" x 7"; Maximum size is 30" in the longest dimension.
FRAMING: TWO (2) Framing Options:
1. Framing and matting will be done by Bartwood’s, Art Department. (Preferred)
a. Artist will send unframed, unmatted paintings either flat or in a tube.
b. The fee for loaner matting, plexi and frame will be between $150 and $175 (depending upon size of painting). If not requiring glazing the responsibility of sealing the work lies with the artist.
c. Artwork will be unframed and returned either flat or in a tube.
2.Artist will frame their own painting following the NWS requirements.
a. Minimum frame size is 9" x 11".
b. Maximum frame size is 40” x 40”.
c. Plain frames no wider than 1.5”. SILVER WOODEN FRAMES ARE PREFERRED.NO METAL FRAMES.
d. No glass is permitted. All work must be under plexiglass or sealed by the artist.
e. Frame must be simple and sturdy enough to support the artwork without buckling the plexiglass.). If not requiring glazing the responsibility of sealing the work lies with the artist.
f . If submitting cradled work with finished frame only the handling fee is required.
g. Frame must be wired for hanging. See Exhibitors' Documents
h. Mats must be white; no colored liners; no linen mats.
i. All wooden frames must use "D" rings to attach the plastic covered wire on the back of the painting.
j. And if sealed does not need to be presented behind glazing.
FEES, SALES & LIABILITY:
1. The Exhibition entry fee is $40 for members $60 for non-members. Payment is via paypal or credit card only. Remember to save your call for entry application to get to the payment page. (press the SAVE button) Before making the application, current members should go to the NWS Members Only site to obtain a $20 discount coupon code to be used at checkout.
2. A Non-Member may join as an Associate Member by paying the $50 annual dues BEFORE entering. Current members should renew or pay past dues BEFORE online entry. Go to NWS Website - www.nationalwatercolorsociety.org -- to join or pay dues. Please allow 24 hours for membership confirmation.
3. All work must be for sale and there will be no price changes after acceptance.
4. NWS is responsible for all sales and will retain a 30% commission. All paintings must hang for the duration of the exhibition.
5. NWS and its representatives will take the utmost care, but are not responsible for damage or loss, whatever the cause. Your are responsible for insuring your painting.
6. Attention International Artists: NWS wants to make sure you receive all proceeds, including awards or proceeds from sales promptly. To do this we will begin sending funds to you by wire transfer to the bank of your choice. You will receive instructions if that is the case.
CONDITIONS AND RULES: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: Failure to meet ANY of the conditions 1 through 9 will result in the disqualification of your entry, and may result in ineligibility to enter future NWS exhibitions for a minimum of two(2) years. NWS reserves the right to refuse, upon arrival, any painting of unacceptable quality or in damaged condition. Paintings that do not match their submitted image, or meet media, matting, and framing criteria will be refused. Entrants confirm their understanding and compliance with originality and framing requirements during the online entry process.
Submission of this image, if accepted by the Juror of Selection, shall constitute an Agreement on the part of the artist to comply with the conditions set forth in this Prospectus, including the following:
I hereby release and discharge the officers of National Watercolor Society (NWS) and its representatives and employees from any and all claims occasioned by damage or loss of said painting while in the possession of NWS. No work accepted for the Exhibition may be withdrawn prior to the close of the exhibition.
Permission is granted to reproduce the painting in the brochure of the exhibition and to use this image for educational and publicity purposes.
I realize if my work is selected and I withdraw, or it does not meet eligibility requirements set forth in the prospectus - inc - I will be disqualified immediately and will not be permitted to enter again for a minimum two years.