Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 3/28/19
Days remaining to deadline: 38
Images - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 3
Video - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Theme: Art Works Downtown is inviting submissions for Coastal, a juried exhibition to be presented in its premeire 1337 Gallery. The subject, open to all artistic interpretations and mediums, is the Bay Area's broad and diverse coastal region, including inland and sea, from Santa Cruz to Bodega Bay.
Juror: Elia Haworth, Curator of Coastal Marin Art & History of the Bolinas Museum; bolinasmuseum.org.
- SF Bay Area artists only (artist must live within 100 miles from San Rafael, CA)
- Open to all visual arts media. Video must include player, monitor, earphones, etc.; projections are prohibited
- Size limit: artwork must not exceed 72" by any dimension, including frame and all materials.
- Original artwork only. No giclees or reproductions. Editions are acceptable.
- Submissions must not have previously exhibited in the AWD 1337 Gallery.
- Apply through callforentry.org. AWD will not accept hardcopy, email, or disk submissions.
- Thu, March 28, 1pm: Entries due via CallForEntry.org. Note: Technically you have until 11:59pm Mountain time. We can't help with applications after 1pm, nor add applications after the call closes.
- Fri, April 5 or Sat 6: Notification by email. Note: you will receive separate emails for invited and not-invited submission.
- Sat, April 20, 1pm–4pm: Deliver accepted entries
- Fri, May 10, 5–8pm: Reception and 2ndFriday Art Walk
- Sat, June 08, 10am–2pm: Pick up unsold artwork
Entry Fee: $40 for a maximum of 3 entries. Discount provided to AWD Artist Members.
Online Entry: AWD uses callforentry.org (CaFÉ) to process juried exhibitions. First create a free profile then upload images to your portfolio. Second, apply to this call and submit your entries. The CaFÉ website provides all the assistance you should need to prepare your submissions and apply. If you have trouble sizing your image(s), use the links provided below for help. Before you start, we strongly recommend reviewing the CaFÉ Help page. We also recommend reviewing our CaFÉ Tips and Tricks by going to artworksdowntown.org > Exhibitions > Calls for Entry > Tips and Tricks. If you need assistance after using these resources, contact AWD to schedule an appointment with our staff prior to the due date.
- 3D/sculptural entries: Since you can only submit one image per entry, we suggest submitting one image with two views of the same piece.
- Free online image software: pixlr.com/editor; online-image-editor.com
- Make sure you are using the most current internet browser. Check the CaFÉ help page or use this link: browsehappy.com.
Delivery of Accepted Work: Work(s) must be hand delivered to Art Works Downtown 1337 Fourth St., San Rafael between the hours of 1pm through 4pm. All work must be ready for installation. Artist name and title of artwork must be labelled on back. Wall hung work must be securely wired.If you’re artwork requires an unusual installation process, include clear and thorough directions and be prepared to help install your artwork during the following week if the Gallery Designer needs your help.No substitutes will be accepted for works approved by the juror. Please also deliver an artist statement and resume for the artist binder. We do not print these materials for you. The artist must sign a consignment contract upon delivery. If a representative of the artist delivers, the artist must call ahead to give the representative’s name.
Pick Up: Pick up unsold work between 10am and 2pm. Artists who do not retrieve their work will be charged a storage fee of $3.00 per day. Works remaining after 30 days will become property of Art Works Downtown.
Sales: Art Works Downtown (AWD) accepts a 40% donation upon sale. AWD processes sales as follows. All checks and credit card sales will be made to Art Works Downtown. AWD then reports the sales tax and passes the net sale to the artist. The artist is responsible for donating 40% of the net sale total to AWD. It is not the artist’s responsibility to report sales tax. All sold artworks will remain in the gallery until the exhibition ends. Buyers can pick up the work on, or after, the last exhibition day. Sales will be paid to artists at the end of the exhibition within two weeks.
Liability and Image use Regarding Work Submitted: Precaution will be taken to safeguard all work from loss or damage, but neither Art Works Downtown nor anyone connected with this exhibition will be responsible for loss or damage from any cause. Artist permits AWD to use images(s) of accepted works for AWD promotions.