Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 10
Audio | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 1
Video | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 1
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 10
Denver's Urban Arts Fund is calling for any artist or team of artists demonstrating the ability to execute a successful mural project. We encourage emerging artists, and artists representing marginalized communities including women, people of color, people with disabilities, and people identifying as LGBTQ+, to apply. Preference will be given to:
- Projects with a well-planned youth development and community engagement component
- First time applicants (artists and organizations who have not received funding in previous years)
- Projects in neighborhoods and city council districts which currently have few or zero UAF mural projects, including but not limited to, council districts 4, 5, 6 & 8. Please refer to this map.
FUNDING RANGE: $2,000. TO $8,000.
Inspired by IMAGINE 2020, Denver Arts & Venues (A&V) is committed to the agency’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusiveness Initiative (DEI), and how these core values are reflected in all our programs and processes. As an agency priority, the DEI Initiative will continue to evolve with our steadfast dedication to all our residents, as Denver is a city where everyone matters, and everyone matters in the arts.
Please read carefully. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Application requires an uploaded concept sketch or rendering of your designed mural to include location, requested budget and timeline.
- Application requires an uploaded Budget Worksheet. You can refer to the Sample Budget Worksheet as a guide.
- Applicants will be required to upload four (4) images of past works that include: location, dimension of mural and commissioned amount. If you wish, you can also include a website or social media link that shows past and current projects.
- Colorado Artists: Your application will require a photo of designated site that clearly shows evidence of a "graffiti hot spot" wall.
- Out of State Applicants: Please indicate on your application that you will need assistance in identifying a wall for your mural.
- For Murals on Private Property: Application requires a signed copy of the Property Owner approval letter
Projects on Private Property
Projects on private property will require permission from the property owner. You may use the Property Owner Letter as an introduction to the property owner. This letter describes the UAF Program, its benefits and the responsibilities of the City and Property Owner.
Projects in Public Spaces
For projects in public spaces (example: in a city park), once approved, Arts & Venues will work with the appropriate City Agencies and City Council representatives to garner their support of the project in their district.
- All projects are selected by the UAF Steering Committee
- Award notification: April 2019
- Application review can take 2-4 weeks, and if approved, the City may require an additional 4-6 weeks to conduct background checks on participants, draft contract agreements and process invoices. Please make allowances for this review and processing period when planning your project.
- Applications may be recommended for funding at a level lower than requested.
- The UAF Steering Committee may give conditional approval for some projects pending additional information. Applicants receiving conditional approval may be required to engage surrounding community in an input and public comment phase before approval is finalized.
- UAF awardees will be required to document their project through photographs and/or video, and interviews with participants. Awardees may also be required to present their project in person at a public event celebrating the year’s projects.
- A Final Report is required after mural has been completed.
PLEASE REVIEW URBAN ART FUND POLICIES DOCUMENT
For questions regarding the Urban Arts Fund, please contact Mary Valdez,