The Lincoln Center
417 W Magnolia St.
Fort Collins, CO 80521
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: Rolling
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 8
Video - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 4
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 8
The Lincoln Center, a city-owned arts center and events facility in Fort Collins, Colorado, is seeking proposals for solo and group exhibitions in all media from artists and curators living in the United States for exhibitions through 2021.
There is an application fee of $35. Residents of the Fort Collins Growth Management Area receive a discount with the following code: FC20.
This application is on a rolling deadline with submissions to be reviewed by Lincoln Center staff for exhibitions through 2021. This Call for Entries will close on December 31, 2020.
The Lincoln Center Art Gallery offers an exhibition space that is approximately 1,450 square feet and can accommodate a wide variety of media. There is additional space in the lobby that can accommodate 2-dimensional work only. This space is approximately 46 linear feet, by 8' high. Exhibition lengths vary from 5 to 7 weeks.
Artists or curators selected for exhibition may be asked to present an educational program such as a lecture or gallery talk, workshop or other special presentation that relates to, augments, and/or interprets the exhibition.
The Lincoln Center may elect to combine multiple applicants for group exhibitions and will determine the amount of support or honorarium for the artist(s).
- Entry fee of $35 for up to 8 image files, including up to 4 video files, if appropriate, of current work proposed for exhibition (please only include work completed since 2018).
- Include an artist statement (about 500 words) describing your work. Include your goals for the exhibition, special installation needs, and ideas for community outreach.
- Resumé or CV with website address, exhibition history, lecture or gallery program experience, awards, exhibition and program reviews, 4 pages or less, including reviews.
GUIDELINES FOR EXHIBITION
- Artworks must be available for loan during the entire exhibition period.
- Accepted artwork must be shipped installation ready unless otherwise noted in the acceptance letter.
- Our preferred standard for 2D installation is a hanging wire or cleat. NO sawtooth hangers. Security hardware may be attached to the artwork frame, requiring small holes to be drilled into the back of the frame.
- All hanging hardware must be included along with detailed hanging instructions for any artwork that requires non-standard installation or any artwork with more than one component.
- Only Plexiglas framing is accepted (no glass framing) for shipped 2D artwork. We cannot guarantee against breakage and damage to the artwork if glass if shipped.
- The Lincoln Center reserves the right to reject accepted work that differs significantly from the submitted images or is inadequately prepared for installation.
- Each artwork must have a label attached on the back or bottom of the pieces containing the following information: Artist’s name, title of piece, media, date of completion, sale price (or if NFS, the insurance value).
- Lincoln Center will retain a 30% commission on all sales made as a result of the exhibition.
- Lincoln Center reserves the right to use images of the artworks for educational and promotional purposes including but not limited to newspaper, television, radio, social media, and the Internet.
- Upon acceptance artists may be asked to submit a high-resolution image of the accepted artwork for such purposes.