Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry Fee (SDA Members): $30.00
Entry Fee (SDA Student-Members): $15.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 1
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 1
Event Dates: 10/1/19 - 12/15/19
small works: SDA 2019 Member Exhibition
October 1– December 15, 2019
Arcade Building Contemporary Art Projects
Gateway Campus, Webster University
St. Louis, MO
Members of the Surface Design Association (SDA) are invited to submit work for small works, which will be be shown at the Arcade Building Contemporary Art Projects at Webster University. The exhibition will be held in conjunction with the SDA biennial conference, Beyond the Surface, October 3 - 6, 2019. Entries may be submitted online through August 19 via CaFÉ.
This is an open, non-juried call for exhibition with the goal of showcasing innovative textile works by SDA members that fit within the 10” x 10” format. The exhibition includes awards.
ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY FEES:
This exhibition is open to all SDA members and student members. Information about SDA membership is available at the SDA website.
One entry may be submitted per member. Entries must be original work completed after July 2017. All textile/fiber-based work that fits within the 10” x 10” format that is mounted on a stretched canvas or similar surface will be considered. All submitted works meeting the guidelines will be accepted. Entries that do not meet the stated requirements will not be considered. Work executed under classroom/educational guidance or supervision is not eligible.
Fees: $30 entry fee for SDA members; $15 entry fee for SDA student members.
Submitted artwork must:
- Measure 10 inches square as the finished outside dimensions.
- Be mounted on a stretched canvas or similar substrate, measuring 10 inches by 10 inches.
- Be prepared for hanging with eye-hooks and wire across the back.
- Include a label affixed to the back with the name of the artist, contact information, and the title of the piece visible.
Price and/or value of an accepted entry may not be changed after it is set. Artwork not for sale should be marked “NFS” and include the value of work for insurance purposes. Sold artwork must remain for the duration of the exhibition. Payments to the artist for sold work will be made within 30 days after the exhibition closes. Buyer will pay for shipping of sold artwork if applicable.
Registration must be completed online through CaFÉ.
Name, address (and shipping address if different), telephone, e-mail.
One image may be submitted per member.
Image - full - JPEG only.
Upload options for image file:
File format: JPEG only
File dimensions: a minimum of 1200 pixels on the longest side
File resolution: 72 ppi/dpi (standard web resolution)
File size: 5 MB maximum
Image must be titled as follows: “Submission #/ Last name/ Title”
Information about the piece: title of the piece, materials and techniques used, sale price, and insurance value.
ONLINE SUBMISSION PROCESS:
Online submission must be completed by August 19, 2019 (extended deadline)
NOTE: Non-members will need to join before submitting an entry. Join SDA at: https://www.surfacedesign.org/members/member-benefits/
- Register at www.callforentry.org
- Login and upload an image of the piece you are submitting for the Members’ Show to the page called "My Portfolio." For help with preparing your images, go to the CaFÉ website (www.callforentry.org) and select the Media Prep tab
- Apply to the call titled: Small Works: SDA 2019 Member Show
- Select the image for this event and complete all required information
- Save Application. Make corrections, if needed
- Proceed to Checkout
- Submit payment for confirmation
- Print a copy of the registration confirmation. This will be required in the shipment
Artists are responsible for shipping costs both to and from small works (including insurance during transit). Works must be shipped via UPS, USPS, or FedEx in a sturdy, reusable box. Work should be able to fit conveniently in a USPS medium size Flat Rate Priority Mail box. Include a prepaid return shipping label, or personal UPS, USPS or FedEx account information. Include the printed copy of the Online Registration Confirmation and a photograph of the work for inventory purposes. Work must be shipped to arrive by September 9, 2019. Work received after September 9, 2019 will not be included in the exhibition. Additional shipping details will be included in the registration confirmation.
SDA Small Works
Webster University- Gateway Campus
812 Olive Street
Saint Louis, Missouri 63101
- One 10 x10” mounted artwork, labeled with name of the artist, contact information, title, and price (USD). If work is not for sale, please mark as “NFS.”
- Registration receipt
- Photograph of the artwork
- Return shipping label and payment or account information
Joy Stocksdale Best in Show $300
Second Place $200
Third Place $100
Award winners will be announced at the conference and will be listed on the SDA website and digital publications.
Questions about Members’ Show submissions? Contact: email@example.com
Technical questions about the online submissions process? Contact CaFÉ at www.callforentry.org
Surface Design Association, a 501c3 non-profit textile arts organization founded in 1977, is dedicated to promoting awareness and appreciation of textile-inspired art and design through member-supported benefits including publications, exhibitions and conferences. Visit us at www.surfacedesign.org.