Louisville Art Association
PO Box 852
Louisville, CO 80027
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 7/5/19
Days remaining to deadline: 15
Images - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 6
Total Media - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 6
The Louisville Art Association Presents:
34th Annual National Juried 2019 Fine Art and Photography Show and Sale
801 Grant Ave. / Louisville, CO 80027
- All media is eligible EXCEPT for quilts, fiber art, and Installation pieces (see below for definition)
- SIZE LIMITATIONS: the longest side of an artwork cannot be longer than 48 inches including the frame.
- The weight of submitted pieces cannot be over 70 pounds.
- ALERT: Please set the price for your work carefully. The price you assign to your artwork in the online entry process will be the price for the exhibition. The price cannot be changed once your piece has been entered and accepted. There are no exceptions, so be sure to closely proofread your entries.
Exhibition: August 31, 2019 - September 8, 2019
The 34th Annual 2019 National Fine Arts and Photography Show and Sale takes place in Louisville, Colorado, a beautiful historic city on Colorado’s Front Range. The show and sale is part of Louisville’s Labor Day celebrations, with many visitors and opportunities to sell artwork. $3,000 in cash awards/prizes.
The venue is the Louisville Center for the Arts, an old Victorian, turn-of-the-century, red brick schoolhouse. This historic venue offers participating artists the opportunity to display artwork in an elegant gallery setting. The show runs for nine days—from 8/31/2019 through 9/8/2019. Our Judge is Desmond O’Hagan from Denver, Colorado—www.desmondohagan.com. We invite you to enter what is sure to be our most successful show yet!
Historic Downtown Louisville offers an array of art galleries, related shops, businesses, restaurants and cafes. The show is held in conjunction with the three-day Louisville Labor Day weekend event.
Sponsored by the Louisville Art Association, in conjunction with the City of Louisville and the Scientific & Cultural Facilities District.
RULES OF PARTICIPATION
• All artwork exhibited must be original in both concept and execution, and completed in the last two years. Work previously shown in this show in prior years is not eligible.
• Copies, kits, reproductions, or work done under the supervision of an instructor are not eligible.
• Artists must be 18 yrs. or older.
• Media: All media is eligible, including photography, WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS: NO QUILTS or other fiber arts are eligible. NO INSTALLATION PIECES. An Installation Piece is defined as any wall-hung piece that cannot be hung on 1 or two standard picture hangers.
• Size: No piece to exceed 48" on any side INCLUDING FRAME. Minimum size: 11” x 14” framed. Sculptures must weigh less than 70 lbs.
OTHER SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
• Entry fee is $40.00, nonrefundable, for up to three entries. Add $10.00 for each additional entry up to a total of six entered pieces.
• PROVIDE a brief biography (170 words or less), highlighting your career or past achievements, information regarding your process as an artist if appropriate, a simple artist statement, or anything you would like the viewer to know. This information will be posted in a display notebook. Please put your name in bold at the top of your bio.
• Content: Pieces must be appropriate for general audiences and general public venues.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR SUBMITTING ARTISTS
You must provide the artwork that was accepted for the show. No substitutions. Failure to provide your piece(s) will result in a 2-year ban from entering this show.
All selected artists may display up to 10 pieces of matted bin work or cards for sale. BINS ARE SUPPLIED BY LAA. PLEASE DON’T BRING YOUR OWN BINS. All sales will be conducted by LAA and a 25% commission will be taken on all sales. ALL ACCEPTED WORK AND BIN WORK
, must be clearly labeled with the artist’s name, item name, and price.
2019 EXHIBITION HOURS
Aug. 31, Sat. 10am – 9pm
Sept. 1, Sun. 10am – 4pm
Sept. 2, Labor Day 10am – 4pm
Sept. 3 and 4 Not Open
Sept. 5, Thur. 3pm – 7pm
Sept. 6, Fri. 4pm – 8pm
Sept. 7, Sat. 10am – 4pm
Sept. 8, Sun. 10am – 4pm
Best of Show/First Place Award .......................................... $600
2nd Place Award .................................................................... $400
3rd Place Award ..................................................................... $250
10 Artistic Achievement Awards …...................................... $100
Judge’s Award …......................................................................$200
All above awards are awarded by juror/judge
1 Peoples’ Choice Award …................................................... $200
All exhibited artwork must be for sale, and all sales of artwork will be handled through the Louisville Art Association.
ALERT: Please set the price for your work carefully. The price you assign to your artwork in the online entry process will be the price for the exhibition. The price cannot be changed once your piece has been entered and accepted. There are no exceptions, so be sure to closely proofread your entries.
The Louisville Art Association will retain a 25% commission on all sales resulting from the exhibition, and all artwork will hang until the end of the show. Sales and award proceeds will be paid to the artist within three weeks of the close of the exhibition.
All entries will be juried based on submitted photos of the work, saved as JPG files. Entrants will be notified of juror’s selections by email. Accepted JPGs will be kept for the permanent collection of the Louisville Art Association. Award winning pieces will be chosen by the juror after artworks have been received. During final judging, any artwork found to contain unacceptable material or found not be identical to the JPG submitted, will not be judged for awards or exhibited, and will be returned to the artist COLLECT (C.O.D.). No substitutions will be allowed.
ACCEPTED FRAMING AND MOUNTING
- All wall hanging art must be properly framed and wired, ready to hang, with no saw-tooth or “clipped in” hangers. A gallery wrapped canvas— a canvas that wraps completely around to the back of stretchers & stapled or tacked on back with no exposed staples or tacks on side edges—will be accepted without a frame only if properly wired for hanging and if all gallery wrapped edges are painted (finished). A canvas with staples/tacks showing on side edges must be framed. Any canvas with exposed unpainted canvas or staples/nails showing on edges will be rejected. No piece exceeding 48” INCLUDING frame on any side will be accepted.
- All sculptures and other three-dimensional work must be properly mounted, ready for display. Any artwork over 70 lbs. will be rejected. No 3-dimensional pieces will be attached to floor or suspended from ceiling. No screws, molly bolts, lag bolts, or other anchors will be allowed.
- Installations will not be accepted. Definition: An Installation Piece is any wall hanging piece that cannot be hung on standard (1 or 2) picture hangers.
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY OF ACCEPTED ARTWORK
Shipped artwork to be received August 19 - 23, 2019
Shipped artwork must be received by 5:00pm August 23, 2019
Shipped parcel must include:
1) Prepaid Return Shipping Label: Please include a Prepaid Federal Express or Prepaid UPS return shipping label addressed to the artist
2) Artist bio
3) LAA Inventory Sheet
4) LAA Registration Form
5) Art – All art must be labeled on the back (or bottom of sculptures) with title, artist’s name, media and price.
Please ship all artwork to:
LAA National Fine Art and Photography Show,
C/O Bolder Insurance
800 Jefferson Avenue, Louisville, CO 80027.
Artwork must be shipped in strong, reusable cartons or crates with no free-floating styrofoam or popcorn packing. Packing material must be reusable for return shipping.
IN-PERSON DELIVERY OF ACCEPTED ARTWORK
August 28, 2019 - Hand-delivered artwork will be accepted on August 28, 2019 from 5:00pm – 7:00pm at the Louisville Center for the Arts, 801 Grant Avenue, Louisville, Colorado.
RETURN OF WORK
Shipped artwork will be returned by the Louisville Art Association to the artist following the closing date of the exhibition in accordance with prepaid labels. Unsold work will be returned with your prepaid shipping label. LAA is not responsible for return of art if shipping label is not prepaid.
Hand-delivered artwork must be picked up on the show’s closing date, Sunday, September 8, 2019 between 4:00pm and 6:00pm. NO EARLY PICK-UPS. There is no storage available beyond that date. If art is not picked up by 6:01 it is considered abandoned. Return shipping charges, plus FedEx Kinkos packing charges may be billed to the artist for any artwork not picked up on September 8, 2019 by 6:01pm! Contact for abandoned art: Emilie Parker at 240-350-8533 or 303-317-4558, email@example.com.
ENTER THROUGH CALLFORENTRY.ORG
https://www.callforentry.org. Search under Calls for Entry for Louisville Art Association.
JUROR/JUDGE: Desmond O’Hagan (www.desmondohagan.com)
Desmond O’Hagan was born in Wiesbaden, Germany, and was raised in the United States. He enjoys working in several media, but his primary focus is in pastels and oils. Although he appreciates many different forms of art, his main interests include the paintings of several late 19th century American, French, Spanish, and Russian painters. Continuous study of these painters has had a strong influence on O’Hagan’s own art. Constantly challenging himself has translated into a fulfilling career in fine art encompassing several one-man shows and participation in group exhibitions in the United States, Japan, China, Canada, and France.
O’Hagan has recently achieved Eminent Pastelist with the International Association of Pastel Societies. He is listed in Who’s Who in American Art and is a Master Pastelist with the Pastel Society of America. O’Hagan's art has been featured in numerous national and international publications, and is represented by galleries in Santa Fe, NM, Charleston, SC, and Denver, CO. www.desmondohagan.
DIRECTIONS TO THE LOUISVILLE CENTER FOR THE ARTS
Louisville Art Center, 801 Grant St., Louisville, CO 80027. Google Map.
Grant Street intersects with Spruce St., in Memory Square Park in Historic Downtown Louisville.
From W. South Boulder Rd. go South on Main St. You will come into the historic downtown area of Louisville. Take a right (to the west) onto W. Spruce St. The Art Center is on the right approx. 3 blocks to the west of Main St.
FOR QUESTIONS, CONTACT
or call Nancy Sullo at 303-444-8565 or Richard Saxon at 720-313-3095.
Louisville Art Association • A Non-Profit Art Organization • PO Box 852 • Louisville, CO 80027
• Submission to this exhibition constitutes acceptance of stated conditions and includes permission to photograph accepted artwork for publicity purposes.
IMPORTANT DATES AT A GLANCE
Friday, July 5, 2019:
Deadline for submission of entries. Enter through: https://www.callforentry.org. Search under Calls for Entry – Louisville Art Association. All accepted entries will be notified via email by July 14, 2019.
Friday, August 23, 2019:
Deadline for arrival of (accepted) shipped artwork. Send to LAA Fine Art Show C/O Bolder Insurance, 800 Jefferson Avenue, Louisville, CO 80027.
Wednesday, August 28, 2019:
Hand-delivered artwork due
5:00pm – 7:00pm.
Saturday, August 31, 2019:
6:00pm – 9:00pm.
Awards Ceremony 7:00pm.
Participating artists and public are all invited.
Monday, Labor Day:
September 2, 2019
10:00am - 4:00pm.
Thursday, September 5, 2019:
School Visits: 9am-12pm
Afternoon Tea: 3pm-5pm
Friday, September 6, 2019:
School Visits: 9am-12pm
Sponsors Wine and Cheese Reception: 5:00pm - 7:00pm.
Sunday, September 8, 2019:
Pick-up of hand-delivered exhibited artwork from 4:00pm – 6:00pm. (*see return of work)