Leigh Weimers Emerging Artists 2019
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Award
Event Dates: 5/15/19 - 10/16/19
Entry Deadline: 7/1/19
Days remaining to deadline: 11
Images - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 20
Audio - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 3
Video - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 20
The deadline for all submissions is 5:00pm June 30th - including all artist information and uploaded files. There will be no extensions or flexibility in this date and time. It is the artist's responsibility to register in the CaFÉ site and become familiar with uploading procedures in a timely fashion.
Special submission requirements for writers only
1. Screenplays and scripts: Submit a video, approximately 5 minutes in length, of a staged or unstaged reading of a scene from the work, along with a brief description of the work and a brief summary of the plot.
2. Novels: Submit a short chapter, along with a brief summary of the book.
3. Poems and short stories: Submit 3-5 samples of your work.
Winners are required to attend the following two mandatory events at the Rotary San Jose Summit Center in downtown San Jose:
1. Wednesday, October 16, 2019, all morning: Awards Program Rehearsal
2. Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 11am - 1:30pm: Awards Program and Luncheon
The Leigh Weimers Emerging Artists Awards give unrestricted cash grants to local (residents of Santa Clara County only) artists who have shown extraordinary originality and dedication in their creative pursuits, but who have not enjoyed the recognition and rewards of being more widely known. Please note that the residency requirement for applicants is strictly observed.
In memory and honor of Leigh Weimers—the longtime Mercury News columnist, supporter of the arts and a Rotarian—the Rotary Club of San Jose has established the Emerging Artists Awards, presented to outstanding artists residing in Santa Clara County in the visual arts, performing arts, written word and music who have yet to be widely recognized for their talent, vision and artistic accomplishments.
Please note that all applicants must create a CaFE account in order to apply to the program.
We also recommend that all applicants to sign up for the CaFE newsletter. This publication provides information on multiple grant programs in many geographic areas.