4054 NE 13th Ave.
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 10/15/19
Days remaining to deadline: 26
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Siren Nation is seeking regional submissions for it's 13th Annual Visual Art Show.This call is open to all female-identifying, trans (regardless of identity) or gender non-conforming artists and/or artist groups working in two-dimensional media. All works will be exhibited at Portland City Hall, in Portland OR. Artists and/or artists groups of diverse mediums are encouraged to apply. This year's theme is "Radical Revolution" and is meant to showcase the issues we face in light of the current social and political climates .As this show will be exhibted in a public forum,and is an all ages show, we request that works be sensitive to the audience.
All work must be dropped off and picked up in person at City Hall, 1224 SW 4th Ave Portland, OR 97204. Drop off is Wednesday Novebmer 6, 2019 between 12pm and 7pm. Pick up to be after November 22, 2019, date and time to be determined.
Artwork must not exceed 30"x30".
Weight limit is 10 lbs.
All artwork must be wired for hanging.
Application deadline is 10/15/2019
Artists will be notified of acceptance by 10/21/2019
Show begins 11/7/2019 and runs through 11/22/2019
Opening Reception 11/7/2019 from 5-8pm
Artists retain 100% of the sales price.
Siren Nation is a non-profit arts organization that promotes and showcases the original work of women artists by creating year-round performance, exhibition, and educational opportunities. for more information visit sirennation.org
Our organization values are to:
- Provide showcasing opportunities for women artists to increase their visibility.
- Expose audiences to a diversity of art by women working in film, music, visual and performing arts.
- Honor and pay tribute to groundbreaking female artists of the past and present.
- Provide opportunities for collaboration among artists.
- Empower and inspire women and girls through educational opportunities.
- Raise visibility and create dialogue about women in the arts.
- Create community by bringing together diverse audiences.
- Collaborate with and support like-minded non-profit and community organizations.