220 Cypress St.
Abilene, TX 79601
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Competitions
Event Dates: 9/13/19 - 11/2/19
Entry Deadline: 8/19/19
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
The Center for Contemporary Arts
3rd Annual National Juried Art Show & Competition
Show Dates: September 13 - November 2, 2019; Abilene, TX
This is a national competition open to all artists 21 years of age and over. Submitted artwork must not have been shown previously at the Center for Contemporary Arts (CCA).
Original, 2 and 3-dimensional art only. No artwork over 3 years old may be shown.
Wall mounted works must not be taller than 50" no wider than 50". Boundary of sculpture should not exceed 36 inches in any direction. Weight limit 50 lbs.
Oil, watercolor, scratch board, acrylic, gouache, alkyd, tempera, mixed media, pastel, pencil, pen & ink, aquatint, watercolor, bronze, wood, ceramic, photography, fiber and digital art will be accepted. If you have a question regarding your media, please call or email us: 325-677-8389, email@example.com.
The call will open July 15, 2019 and will end August 19, 2019. No exceptions.
Entry and Fee
All entry submissions must be done through CaFE. (https://www.callforentry.org/)
Entry fees are $35 per image. Submit up to three (3) images. Fees may be paid with Visa, MasterCard, a personal check, money order or cashier’s check made payable to the Center for Contemporary Arts. Credit Card fees will be paid through CaFE.
Notification of Selection
· All entrants will be notified via email whether their artwork has been selected. All original artwork accepted shall be either hand delivered or shipped to the CCA no later than August 30, 2019.
o Ship to: Center for Contemporary Arts
§ 220 Cypress St.
§ Abilene, TX 79601
· All accepted artwork shall be labeled on the back with: Artists’ Name, Title of Piece, phone number and Retail Price.
· All shipping charges (both directions) for artwork shall be at the artist’s expense.
· All Artwork shall be shipped back to the artist via artist’s carrier unless other arrangements are made with the CCA. We suggest that you buy a RETURN SHIPPING LABEL when you purchase the shipping label.
· All shipped artwork shall be in sturdy, reusable containers. Your shipping and packaging material must be useful for the return of your paintings or you will be charged an extra fee for packing materials supplied by the CCA.
· NO POPCORN PACKING MATERIAL ALLOWED.
· No glass except for pastel art. Only plexi-glass glazing will be accepted for all other artwork. This is essential for the safety of the originals.
· All artwork should be framed, wired and ready to hang.
No saw-tooth hangers. Gallery-wrapped canvases are acceptable if the sides are painted and the piece is wired and ready to hang.
· Check your shipping insurance. You are responsible for insuring the amount above what your shipper will cover. The Center for Contemporary Arts is NOT responsible for damage caused to artwork during shipping.
Display and Sale of Original Art
The CCA prefers entries that are for sale. Please state a price reflecting current market value for your artwork. For any artwork sold, the CCA shall be entitled to retain twenty percent (20%) of the selling price as a donation and shall remit eighty percent (80%) of the selling price to the artist. Please provide an insured value on all artwork. The CCA assumes reproduction rights for promotional purposes only. If a piece is sold between entry and notification, the piece is still eligible to compete in the show. However, if the piece cannot be sent to the CCA for display in the show, it will be withdrawn from the competition.
About the Juror – Gary Bukovnik
Born and educated in Cleveland, Gary Bukovnik has lived in San Francisco for more than a third of a century. Primarily using the media of watercolor, monotype, and lithograph, Bukovnik fuses sensual vitality with fluid yet powerful colorations, creating floral and culinary images of great depth, intensity, and size.
Bukovnik was the Visiting Artist at the American Academy in Rome in 2003 and 2005, and was an artist-in-residence at the Michigan Institute of Arts in Kalamazoo in 2010, as well as making a tour of exhibitions and watercolor demonstrations across Japan in 2010.
Solo exhibitions include Caldwell Snyder Gallery in San Francisco and in St. Helena, CA, Campton Gallery in New York City; the Concept Gallery in Pittsburgh, the A.C.T. Gallery in San Francisco, and the Bonfoey Gallery in Cleveland. Other recent exhibitions have been organized by the Butler Institute of American Art, Youngstown, Paula Brown Gallery, Toledo, Neuhoff Gallery, New York; Lisa Kurts Gallery, Memphis; Irving Galleries, Palm Beach; Galerie Kutter, Luxembourg; the Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art, Johnstown, Pennsylvania; Chin Show Cultural Center, Taipei; Takashimaya, Tokyo; the Hunt Institute for Botanical Documentation, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh; and Brevard Museum of Art, Melbourne, Florida.
July 15, 2019 Call opens for submissions.
August 19, 2019 Deadline for entry submissions.
Absolutely no entries will be accepted after this date.
August 23, 2019 Notification of selected artwork
August 26, 2019 Notification of award winning artists
August 30, 2019 Deadline to receive artwork
September 13, 2019 Show opens to the public
September 14, 2019 Reception and awards ceremony from 4:00pm -5:30pm; Winning artists are highly encouraged to attend reception and awards ceremony
November 2, 2019 Show closes
November 9, 2019 Deadline to pick-up hand-delivered work.
Nov. 5 – Nov. 12, 2019 Crate & return shipping begins
Best of Show Award $ 1,500
Jurors Award $ 750
Merit Award $ 500
1st Place - 2D Oil $ 500
1st Place - 2D Watercolor $ 500
1st Place – 2D Pastel/Dry Media $ 500
1st Place – 2D Acrylic $ 500
1st Place – 2D Mixed Media $ 500
1st Place – 2D Photography $ 500
1st Place – 2D Digital $ 500
1st Place – Fiber $ 500
1st Place – 3D Sculpture $ 500