Remarque Print Workshop
3812 Central SE, Suite 100B
Albuquerque, NM 87108
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Exhibitions
State: New Mexico
Event Dates: 12/6/19 - 1/25/20
Entry Deadline: 10/6/19
Images - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 5
Total Media - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 5
Remarque/New Grounds Print Workshop & Gallery invites printmakers from around the world to submit work for our 7th Annual International Juried Print Exhibition to be held at Remarque from December 6, 2019 to January 25, 2020. The Exhibition aims to present a collection of innovative prints featuring themes and techniques from all traditions of printmaking. We invite works from all printmaking traditions, including, but not limited to: relief, etching, monotype, collagraph, photopolymer intaglio. We are particulary interested in combinations of printmaking traditions.
Remarque/New Grounds Print Workshop, located in Albuquerque, New Mexico, is one of the first completely non-toxic printmaking facilities in the country. Our award-winning studio offers access to printmaking equipment and year-round classes in a great range of techniques.
Our 3000 + square foot facility is comprised of two workshop spaces with 6 Takach presses, a classroom, and two gallery spaces in which we feature work by artists from our workshop as well as selected artists from around the world.
First prize - Solo Show at Remarque/New Grounds in the fall of 2021, gallery representation and representtion of work on gallery web site. (Representation may be offered to more than one artist.) Awards will be announced during the opening reception.
Entries must arrive by midnight MDT (GMT-6) on October 6, 2019
- Each artist can submit up to 5 prints – they must be original, two-dimensional, traditional printmaking techniques, or a combination of printmaking techniques, created within the last 3 years. We welcome images that push the traditional boundaries of printmaking.
- No digital images; no giclée reproductions.
- Maximum paper size: 16 x 20” or 20 x 16”
All selected works will be archivally framed and displayed in the Remarque Gallery. There is no cost to the artists beyond shipping to and from Remaque for acceprted prints.
Non-refundable $30 USD, payable via CaFE.
Artists must provide return shipping for their prints.
How to Submit Entries for Jurying
- Entries must be submitted via CaFE.
- Up to five (5) works may be submitted by each artist.
- Retail Price (Please note that the gallery retains 50% of the retail value)
Commission on sales
Remarque will retain 50% of the retail price and the artist will receive 50% of the retail price.
Payment to the Artist
Within thirty (30) days of the end of the exhibition, it shall be the responsibility Remarque to make payment via check or Paypal.
By submitting for jurying, artists whose submissions are chosen for the exhibition grant Remarque the right to use their images for the purpose of marketing the exhibition. Artists grant the use of their image(s) as stated without further contact or compensation. Artist’s recognition is provided with use.
- Artists will be contacted via CAFE with results of jury by October 28, 2019
- Accepted Works: Must arrive at Remarque no later than November 12, 2019
- Accepted works can be shipped unframed, signed with artist’s name, title, year and numbering. No substitutions for accepted artworks. If you wish to ship a framed piece contact us first so we can discuss the details of the framing.
Remarque/New Grounds Print Workshop
3812 Central Ave. SE #100B
Albuquerque, NM 87108 USA
Artists are responsible for shipping and insurance costs to and from Remarque. International work should be shipped by postal service: please allow 1-2 weeks for shipping. All international artists must write ‘Printed Matter – No Commercial Value’ on the package. Please package your work to ensure it won't be damaged during shipment. Remarque is not responsible for any damage incurred during shipping. All received work will be handled with maximum care and will be insured for wholesale value while on gallery premises. Please provide a pre-paid shipping label for the return of your piece.