Public Art: Outdoor Sculpture Napa Senior Center
City of Napa Parks and Recreation
1850 Soscol Ave Suite 201
Napa, CA 94559
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Public Art
Entry Deadline: 10/20/19
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 6
Video - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 6
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 12
Eligibility: Applicants must be currently living or working in CA, OR, NV, CO, WA, AZ, ID or UT. They must be at least 50 years of age to represent the Senior Center community. Napa City employees, and their immediate family members are not elligibile.
Final Artwork will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
· Artist Eligibility: Applicants must be artists currently living or working in CA, OR, NV, CO, WA, AZ, ID or UT. They must be at least 50 years of age to represent the community at location. City employees and their immediate family members are ineligible.
· Artwork Requirements: Artworks must be structurally safe for the general public, including children. Artworks must be extremely durable in outdoor conditions and limited maintenance required. Artwork must have a base no larger than 6 feet. Artwork must be able to be securely anchored down to concrete pad.
· Artist Recognition: A plaque with the artist name, studio location/home, sculpture information will be provided and installed by the City upon installation of the artwork.
· Artwork: Only completed artworks are eligible. Conceptual artwork proposals will not be considered.
· Jury: 2 Selected community members and 1 Public Steering Committee Member
· Selection Criteria: Artistic merit, Artistic context, Maintainability, and Location context
· Proposed Budget: $15,000 (Artist stipend, materials, transportation, installation)