915 S Pacific Ave
San Pedro,CA 90731
Contact Email: NWSvisionsA@gmail.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 9/30/19
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 1
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 1
NWS and CANADA (CSPWC) Exchange, VISIONS ADJOIN PROSPECTUS
Visions Adjoin- The Two Exhibitions:
60 paintings will be exhibited representing the two national societies. The National Watercolor Society and the Canadian Society of Painters in Water Colour will exhibit 30 paintings each.
The first exhibition will be held in the United States at: The National Watercolor Society Gallery. The paintings will be shipped to Canada for the second part of the exchange exhibition held at the Helson Gallery in Canada.
Exhibition Dates: February 6 – July 18, 2020
Eligibility- NWS Signature Members in good standing, residing in the USA, and up-to date with their membership
Sept -2-30, 2019 Entries accepted at www.callforentry.org
Sept 30 Entry deadline – 11:59 PM, MDT
Oct 14 Accepted artists notified by email from NWS
Jan 7-10, 2020 Accepted artwork shipped (arrive NWS byJanuary10 2020) per Exhibitors' Documents
Feb 6 Opening reception 5-9 PM
Feb 6- April 17 NWS Exhibition, June 10- July 18 CSPWC Exhibition
AWARDS: Certificate of Exhibition Participation. Catalogues will be available for purchase.
JURORS of SELECTION:
Mary Ann Beckwith NWS, Robbie Laird NWS President
Jean Pederson CSPWC President, Rayne Tunley CSPWC Past President
1. Artists may submit 1 image
2. No digital media, photography, prints or reproductions may be used in the painting.
3. Entry must painted only by you, and not produced in a class or workshop.
4. SIZE OF WORK: ONLY ONE SIZE IS ACCEPTED. Half sheet (22in x 15in) artwork paper size (portrait or landscape). Size complies with frames provided by each society.
5. All reference materials, composition and design must be the creation of the artist.
6. Visions Adjoined, NWS -CSPWC Exchange Juried Exhibit 2020- strictly open to submissions painted in watermedia, as defined in Allowable Watermedia below.
7. Paintings selected for exhibit at the NWS Gallery and the Helson Gallery, will be matted and framed under Plexiglas or glass by each society for the exhibit in their location. Artist will send unframed, unmatted paintings either flat or in a tube. At the end of the exhibitions, Artwork will be unframed and returned in the same packing material.
8. The Jury/Exhibition Chair, reserve the right not to hang any painting not conforming to all the rules.
9. All 60 paintings (30 NWS/30 CSPWC) will hang together in each country.
10. Selected NWS Artists will send their paintings to the National Watercolor Society Gallery, to arrive by Jan. 10, 2020. Paintings will be shipped as a group to Canada. It is the responsibility of the two societies to ship the group of paintings to and from each country.
11. Entries that are accepted for exhibition must remain available until the end of the exhibit at Helson Gallery in Canada, July 18, 2020. Paintings will be returned to NWS artists in August 2020.
Allowable watermedia: Watercolor paint, gouache, acrylic, crayon, pencil, pens, ink, Egg tempera, casein, water-based metallic paints. The use of a graphite drawing, and India Ink are accepted. Only the media listed here are allowed.
Allowable paint surface (substrate) includes: watercolor paper, Yupo, Tyvek. Collage is accepted only using artist created elements. Machine patterns or added objects will not be accepted. Computer generated or manipulated work will not be accepted.
Is there a restriction on the year of completion of the paintng? NO
Is there a restriction on paintings that have gotten an award or been shown in another exhibition? NO
We want NWS Signature Members to submit one of their best paintings for consideration. The show of NWS Paintings should be of the highest quality possible for this showcase oppurtunity.
FEES, SALES & LIABILITY:
1. Exhibition entry fee $40.00 for NWS Signature Members residing in the USA. Payment is via PayPal or credit card only.
2. Entry fees are non-refundable. This Entry Fee covers costs of shipping to and from Canada, USA.
3. All paintings must hang for the duration of the exhibition.
4. NWS and its representatives will take the utmost care, but are not responsible for damage or loss, whatever the cause. You are responsible for insuring your painting.
5. By International agreement, paintings will be for exhibition only, “not for sale” (except by private arrangement).
CONDITIONS AND RULES: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
Failure to meet ANY of the conditions 1 through 11 will result in the disqualification of your entry. NWS reserves the right to refuse, upon arrival, any painting of unacceptable quality or in damaged condition. Paintings that do not match their submitted image or meet media criteria will be refused. Entrants confirm their understanding and compliance with originality requirements during the online entry process.
Submission of this image, if accepted by the Juryof Selection, shall constitute an Agreement on the part of the artist to comply with the conditions set forth in this Prospectus, including the following:
I hereby release and discharge the officers of National Watercolor Society (NWS) and its representatives and employees from any and all claims occasioned by damage or loss of said painting while in the possession of NWS. No work accepted for the Exhibition may be withdrawn prior to the close of the exhibition.
Permission is granted to reproduce the painting in the brochure of the exhibition and to use this image for educational and publicity purposes.