1337 Fourth Street
San Rafael, CA 94901
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 10/26/19
Images - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 3
Video - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 6
Theme: The Small Works Exhibition is AWD's annual exhibition designed to provide quality artwork for sale to the holiday gift buying public and to exhibit a large quantity of artists.
Juror: Alexander Schwarz, art consultant, Caldwell Snyder Gallery, caldwellsnyder.com
- SF Bay Area artists only (artist must live within 100 miles from San Rafael California)
- Open to all visual arts media. Video must include player, monitor, earphones etc.; projections are prohibited.
- Size limit: artwork must not exceed 18"x18"x18", including frame and all materials.
- Original artwork only. No giclees or reproductions
- Submissions must not have previously exhibited in the AWD 1337 Gallery.
- Artwork must be for sale
- Apply through Call For Entries.org. AWD will not accept hardcopy, email, or disk submissions.
- Sat, Oct 26, 4pm: Entries due via CallForEntry.org. Note: AWD's deadline is 3pm because our office closes. Technically you have until 11:59 Mountain time to apply. If you are unable to apply by this time we can not add your application after it closes.
- Fri, Nov 1 or Sat, Nov 2: Notification by email. Note: you will receive separate emails for accepted and rejected works. Note, there is only one week between notification and delivery.
- Sat, Nov 9, 1pm–4pm: Deliver accepted entries
- Fri, Dec 13, 5–8pm: Reception
- Dec 24–Jan 1, 2019: The gallery will be closed for the holidays. Thanksgiving and the following Friday hours to be determined.
- Exhibition dates: Novembr 15-December 21, 2019
- Thurs, Jan 2–Sat 4, 11am–4pm: Pick up unsold artwork
Entry Fee: $40 for up to 3 entries. Discount provided for AWD Artist Members.
Online Entry: AWD uses callforentry.org (CaFÉ) to process juried exhibitions. To submit entries, visit www.callforentry.org. First create a free profile then upload images to your portfolio. Second, apply to this call. The CaFÉ website provides all the assistance you should need to prepare your submissions and apply. If you have trouble sizing your image(s), use the links provided below for help. Before you start, make sure to review the CAFE HELP page. We also recommend reviewing our CAFE Tips and Tricks by going to artworksdowntown.org > Exhibitions tab > Calls for Entry > Tips and Tricks. If you need assistance after using Call for Entry HELP or these other websites, contact AWD to request assistance from our staff no later than 10/27. AWD does not provide technical assistance for submissions.
• 3D/sculptural entries: Since you can only submit one image per entry, we suggest submitting one image with two views.
• Free online image software: pixlr.com/editor;online-image-editor.com
• Make sure you are using the most updated internet browser. Check the CaFÉ help page or use this link: browshappy.com
Delivery of Accepted Work: Work(s) must be hand delivered to Art Works Downtown 1337 Fourth St., San Rafael. All work must be ready for installation. Wall hung work must be securely wired. If you’re artwork requires an unusual installation process, include clear and thorough directions and be prepared to help install your artwork during the following week if the Gallery Designer needs your help. No substitutes will be accepted for works approved by the juror. Please also deliver an artist statement and resume for the artist binder. We do not print these materials for you. The artist must sign a consignment contract upon delivery. If a representative of the artist delivers, the artist must call ahead to give the representative’s name. Apply only if you can arrange delivery on the specified date.
Pick Up: Artists who do not retrieve their work will be charged a storage fee of $3.00 per day. Works remaining after 30 days will become property of Art Works Downtown.
Sales: Art Works Downtown (AWD) accepts a 40% donation upon sale. AWD processes sales as follows. All checks and credit card sales will be made to Art Works Downtown. AWD then reports the sales tax and passes the net sale to the artist. The artist is responsible for donating 40% of the net sale total to AWD. It is not the artist’s responsibility to report sales tax. Buyers will be allowed to take their purchased artwork(s) due to the holiday gift buying season. Sales will be paid to artists at the end of the exhibition.
Liability and Image use Regarding Work Submitted: Precaution will be taken to safeguard all work from loss or damage, but neither Art Works Downtown nor anyone connected with this exhibition will be responsible for loss or damage from any cause. Artist permits AWD to use images(s) of accepted works for AWD promotions.