Entry Fee (Arts Elevated at RST): $20.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
The Rochester International Airport seeks to provide exceptional Customer-First service by creating a unique traveling experience. This is accomplished by caring for each and every customer by providing an enhanced sense of place and connection. The Greater Rochester Arts and Cultural Trust enriches the greater Rochester community by ensuring the continued celebration, promotion and advocacy of the arts and humanities. These two entities are partnering to combine their goals in a new program called “Arts Elevated at RST”. The Arts Elevated program is an opportunity to provide an enhanced airport experience, lift spirits and provide comfort and care to customers through the dynamic showcasing of MN artists. The showcasing of MN artists will undoubtedly contribute to the Arts Elevated mission of enhancing sense of place and connection to the local community through a visual experience.
The Rochester International Airport (RST) is owned by the City of Rochester and operated by the Rochester Airport Company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mayo Clinic. The Rochester International Airport is served daily by United Airlines, American Airlines and Delta Airlines, which collectively offer 13 flights each day to Atlanta, Chicago and Minneapolis. RST accommodates over 370,000 passengers annually, providing air service to SE MN and border regions of Iowa and Wisconsin.
Arts Elevated will showcase MN artists within the main terminal.
Artwork will be available for purchase with a commission paid to the Rochester International Airport to support the Arts Elevated program.
For specific questions regarding artwork submission and jurying, contact Bari at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For specific questions regarding the Arts Elevated program at the Rochester International Airport, contact Tiana at email@example.com.
ELIGIBILITY & ENTRY FEES
This exhibition is open to all MN artists. $20 non-refundable entry fee. Checks not accepted.
Entries are to be submitted online. Name, address, telephone and email should be included.
- 2D original Artwork of any media is acceptable.
- An artist may submit up to 3 submissions in high res jpeg format.
- Each submission will be juried independently.
- Images should be full. Detail if helpful.
- The subject matter is open but a survey of travelers has indicated that preference is for local and MN content.
- Works of art may not exceed a height of 48” tall and 48” wide.
- The Artwork must be professionally framed and ready for hanging.
- Professional hanging may require a hanging bracket on the top center of the frame to prevent angling out from the wall. If selected, more information will be provided.
- Artwork should have the following included:
- Artist Name
- Purchase price
Artwork will be displayed for a term of six months. The Rochester International Airport will be responsible for creating identification labels. If sold during that time period, the Rochester International Airport will receive a 20% commission. The artist will need to sign a consignment agreement which is attached with all details.
- October 1-November 31, 2019: Entries submitted through CaFE
- December 10, 2019: Jurying and Selection complete
- December 16, 2019: Notification of Acceptance to Artists
- January 6, 2020: Deadline for Artists to deliver Artwork to Rochester International Airport