405 Vernon Street
Roseville, CA 95678
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 8/21/20
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 10
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 10
This show will be exhibited in the midst of the 2020 presidential elections, a time when it will be more important than ever to make space for productive discussion about the future of our country. So although it’s normally a taboo, we’re inviting you to explore the theme of politics in creative ways. Voice your comments, questions, concerns, or support through your work in any art medium.
Juror: Kimberli Gant, PhD is the McKinnon Curator of Modern & Contemporary Art at the Chrysler Museum in Norfolk, VA. She was previously the Mellon Doctoral Fellow in the Arts of Global Africa Department at the Newark Museum, in Newark, NJ, and worked as the Director of Exhibitions at the Museum of Contemporary African Diaspora Arts (MoCADA). She has also guested curated for Deutsch Bank NY and Dept of African American/African Diaspora Studies at the University of Texas Austin. Her exhibition experience includes Multiple Modernisms, Wondrous Worlds: Art & Islam Through Time & Place (2016), De-Luxe (2012), and There is No Looking Glass Here: Wide Sargasso Sea Re-Imagined (2010).
Kimberli received her PhD in Art History from the University of Texas Austin (2017), as well as holds both a MA and BA in Art History from Columbia University (2009) and Pitzer College (2002).
Exhibition Dates: October 2, 2020 - November 14, 2020
Deadline to Enter: August 21, 2020
Artist Notification: August 28, 2020
Shipping deadline of work to Blue Line Arts: September 13, 2020
Hand deliver work to Blue Line Arts: September 27 & 28, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Opening Reception: October 17, 2020, 5-8 p.m.
Pick up unsold work from Blue Line Arts: November 15 & 16, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Open to all artists 18 and older
- Artwork cannot have been previously exhibited at Blue Line Arts
- All artwork must be for sale
- No accepted entry may be withdrawn or sold outside of the exhibition prior to the closing date
- Accepted artwork that differs significantly from the image in the online submission will be disqualified
- Blue Line Arts handles all sales transactions.
- Non-member artists receive a 50% commission from all gallery sales
- Members receive a 60% commission from all gallery sales
- The artist is responsible to pay for all shipping and must include a prepaid labelfor return of artwork
- FedEx or UPS ONLY
- No USPS
- Please use blue painters tape to secure wrapping and artwork during shipping-- this ensures we will be able to reuse packing materials for return shipment
- Two-dimensional artwork must be ready to hang
- Wire must be installed
- No sawtooth hangers
Applicants must apply using this form on callforentry.org
You must be 18 years or older to apply.
If you have questions about submissions, please contact Blue Line Arts staff during gallery hours at (916) 783-4117 or at firstname.lastname@example.org