820 SW Adams St.
Peoria, IL 61602
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Public Art
Entry Deadline: 5/10/20
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
ArtsPartners of Central Illinois is proud to announce a call for entries to artists for Sky Art Peoria. Sky Art Peoria initiative previously operated under the name ArtPop Peoria in collaboration with ArtPop Street Gallery. Sky Art Peoria puts the work of local artists on Adams Outdoor 48’ x 14’ billboards that are seen by thousands of local residents. This is a value of nearly $36,200 in free advertising awarded to each winning artist. In addition, winning artists will be featured at First Friday at The Studios on Sheridan gallery and on the ArtsPartners website. The mission of ArtsPartners of Central Illinois is to build awareness and strengthen the arts for the economic and cultural enrichment of central Illinois. Sky Art Peoria will promote local artists’ work through media space with Adams Outdoor Advertising.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be a resident of Peoria, Tazewell, or Woodford counties.
- Sky Art Peoria is not just for 2D artists. If you are a 3D or performance artist and can photographically- represent your work, you can enter.
- All art is subject to approval, and no offensive or slanderous work will be accepted.
- Submissions must be the work of one individual or entity. Collaborations/teams will not be accepted.
- Your work must fit the correct proportions/dimensions of a 48’x14’ billboard.
- You can create an original piece of Sky Art Peoria or crop one of your existing pieces to fit the correct proportions. Contact ArtsPartners of Central Illinois to learn about Sky Art Peoria Workshops for training on how to format and submit your art.
- Art submitted with incorrect proportions will not be accepted.
- Submissions deadline is April 30, 2020. EXTENDED TO MAY 10, 2020.
- Winning artists selected by the jury will be notified in May of 2020.
- Artists will be honored at the Sky Art Peoria Winner’s Reception on June 3, 2020.
- Public Announcement of the (5) Winning Artists selected by jury will be announced via press release in early June.
- Winning artists work will be displayed from June 2020-May 2021 on billboards, with locations circulating throughout the region.
- Winning artists will have the opportunity to showcase their work in the Sky Art Peoria Gallery Exhibition at Studios on Sheridan in October of 2020.
How to Enter
Please note: You will submit a smaller file via CallforEntry.org and if you win you will be required to supply a high-resolution file that will produce a 48' x 14' billboard.
There is a $20 processing fee to submit up to (3) pieces. Artists must be able to supply a digital image of their work meeting the following requirements. All production costs for the printing of the billboards will be borne by the program.
Your artwork must fit the billboard proportions. Images submitted with incorrect proportions will not be accepted.
Call for Entry Requirements
Please submit the following by April 30, 2020. (EXTENDED TO MAY 10, 2020)
1) A brief artist statement that explains your medium of work, lists your website URL and all related online accounts, and includes brief explanation why you would like to be part of the Sky Art Peoria program.
2) Each artist can submit up to 3 pieces per entry.
- 1920 pixels x 500 pixels
- 72 ppi/dpi
- 5 MB maximum
3) A $20 Entry Fee
Winning Artists Requirements
Winning artists must provide production work that fits the requirements of a 48’ x 14’ billboard.
- 24.333” w x 6.333” h @300 dpi (7300x1900 pixels)
- 300 dpi
All billboards will rotate upon available locations in the market. There are no guarantees on billboard locations or the period of time an image will be at a specific location.
Sky Art Peoria initiative previously operated under the name ArtPop Peoria in collaboration with ArtPop Street Gallery. To view the 2015, 2016, and 2017, 2018, and 2019 Peoria winners, please visit https://artspartners.net/skyartpeoria/.