Entry Fee (Women's Works 2020 - 33rd Annual Show): $40.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
JUDGE: This year’s show will be judged by fine art photographer, Helen Smith-Romer. Romer works with collaged color photography using a repetition of human features to create bright, surrealist portraits and settings contrasted against a dark background. Romer states that her current body of work, “investigates the paradoxical beauty and mysticism of assemblages and the process of doing imagery.” Her work can be found in various collections across the country, including the University of Minnesota and the Chicago Historical Society.
For more information on Helene and her work, please visit her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/helene.smithromer
ELIGIBILITY of ARTISTS AND ARTWORK:
Women artists 18 or older, may submit any original work, completed in the last two years.
- No previously accepted works in either Real People or Women’s Works will be accepted for Women’s Works 2020. If your work is collaborative (created by more than one artist), please contact us so that we can make sure all information is collected.
- All work must be for sale. There is a 30% commission on sold work.
- All works must be available through the entire run of the show (March 5 - April 11, 2020).
- Gallery size limitation of work is eight (8) feet in any single dimension and 50 lbs. If your work exceeds these limitations, you will need to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
AWARDS: Cash prizes totaling more than $1500.00 will be awarded. The winner of the Gallery Award will receive a $250 cash award.
JURYING FEE: There is a $40 jurying fee for the show. There is a $10.00 discount for current NAAC Members or applicants to Real People 2019; email us for the discount code. No additional Entry Fee upon Acceptance. Payments must be made through CaFÉ, or by sending your check payment to: PO Box 597 Attn: WW2019, Crystal Lake, IL 60039. Please make your check payable to "NAAC."
ENTRY DEADLINE: Final deadline for Women's Works is Sunday, January 26th, 2020, at 11:59 pm Mountain Time. NAAC is not responsible for incomplete entries and/or payments not received by the due date, so we encourage artists to enter early. All Notices will be e-mailed through the CAFE system by February 2, 2020; should the jury complete their task earlier, we will send out e-mail notices at that time. If you do not receive an email about all of your submitted pieces by Monday February 3, please contact us at email@example.com.
DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS for delivery of works will be emailed to accepted artists through the CAFE email system.
SUBMITTING IMAGES FOR JURYING: Each entrant may submit up to three digital images, each representing a separate piece for jurying. Jurors will be evaluating each image/piece individually. (If you wish to submit a detail shot of your work, consider using a split image showing both the work as a whole and a particular detail you want to highlight). A maximum of two works per artist may be accepted by the jury to this show, so again please be sure all three of your works will be available for the duration of the show and not committed to other events or buyers. If you are submitting a piece involving video, please contact the show committee at firstname.lastname@example.org for further instruction.
- January 26, 2020, 11:59p Mountain Time – FINAL Entry Deadline
- Sunday February 2, 2020 – All notifications will be e-mailed through the CAFÉ system.
- Saturday, February 22, 2020 - All work must be at the gallery for set-up
- Thursday, March 5, 2020 - Exhibition Opens
- Opening Reception: Saturday, March 14: 6-9 pm for Artists - 7-9 pm for the general public
- Saturday, April 11, 2020 - 5pm - Exhibition Closes. (Unsold work will be repacked and returned to artists during the second half of April and the first week of May.)