For intake questions contact:
713-882-6987 or email: email@example.com
TO SEND CHECKS:
Velvet Rattelade, Treasurer
127 Yorkchester Way
Raleigh, North Carolina 27615
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Exhibitions
Event Dates: 3/1/20 - 4/15/20
Entry Deadline: 4/15/20
Images - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 2
Video - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 1
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Entry Fee (Non ISEA member entry fee): $55.00
The International Society of Experimental Artists will host our 29th Annual Juried Exhibition from Aug 20 to Oct 24, 2020 at Art Gallery of St. Albert, St. Albert, Alberta, Canada. We would like to invite all artists, 18 years and older, to enter one piece, in this all media exhibition. ISEA also prints a full color catalog of each exhibition. All members and accepted non-members will receive the catalog.
ISEA was formed in 1991 to give all mediums a venue to have work shown in an annual juried exhibition within the United States or abroad. Our society of experimental artists, explores, learns, and applies new techniques, new composition approaches, or new concepts to create. We are about having an attitude of experimentation, looking at the “what ifs” in our art. We try and we try again. Our art can be realistic or abstraction, it is our approach to making the art and the aesthetic results that count.
We are pleased to offer approximately $14,000 in prizes, including a $2,000 Best of Show Award. This year we are able to accept up to 90 pieces of art 2D, 3D, and small installations.
Deadline EXTENDED TO APRIL 15, 2020. 11:59Pm MT
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE RULES AND TERMS BEFORE APPLYING.
1. Your Profile
Set up “your Profile” on the CaFE’ website before you try to enter this exhibition. It allows you to upload all of your images and personal information before entering the exhibition. This profile is free for all artists through CaFE’. www.callforentry.org
Digital entries accepted through the CaFÉ website at: www.callforentry.org
Search call for this exhibit:
“International Society of Experimental Artists 29th Annual Juried Exhibit”
You may SUBMIT ONE PIECE OF ARTWORK.
Original experimental artwork in any media completed within the last three years and not shown in any previous ISEA exhibits including the Member-Only Online Exhibitions. Be sure to check your records to avoid elimination.
Commercial reproductions, including giclée prints, will not be accepted. Traditional print media, photography, and digital art should be from a limited edition.
Artwork that is accepted by the juror must be sent – no substitutes permitted.
The price indicated in the image file name during intake must match the price on the hung work; no price changes will be permitted.
ISEA does not paint walls for artists. Artwork must come ready to hang. We can attach parts with instructions from the artist and do small repairs.
Within the call application, you will be asked to provide a written statement about the experimental aspects of your work in the question response area available for "Experimental Art" Explain why and how your art is experimental for you.
- Enter ONE IMAGE. Note: If more than one is entered only the first image will be considered.
· Artwork must come ready to hang, with a sturdy hanging device such as a wire or D-hooks. Please test your device prior to shipping.
- Framed and matted pieces must use Plexiglas (no glass).
- Finished/framed maximum size is 40” in any direction; weight limit is 30 lbs.
- Submitted pieces must NOT include any of the following: glass, anti-glare glazing, frayed wire ends, saw tooth hangers, or smudged and dirty mats.
- Two viewsof your submitted artwork are required.
· Artworks that rest on a pedestal or sit on the floor should be structurally sound and sturdy to protect viewers and the artwork
- 3-Dimensional entries must fit into an elevator and be no larger than (floor) 32w x 48d x 72h inches max weight 50lbs.(Pedestal) 18d x 18l x 30h max 35lbs.
· File Type: MP4, 10 minutes or less in length. If audio attached 2 sets of earphones will be required.
· File Size: Under 100 MB.
Currently, linked media from YouTube, Vimeo, etc. is not accepted.
· Make sure your file is the correct resolution. Video must be no less than 640 x 480 and a minimum of 12 fps.
Embedding audio or video links or code is not supported. At this time, CaFÉ accepts only uploaded media.
Preparing Your Digital Images for Upload - IMPORTANT
- Images must be saved in JPG format.
- Image resolution must be 300 DPI.
- Image size should be 6 inches or less on the longest side.
- File size for image must be less than 5mb.
Naming Your Images: VERY IMPORTANT
· 2D One image
Naming Format: LastNameFirstName_Title_HxW_Price.jpg.
Size (finished/framed) must be indicated with Height and Width in inches.
Price must be in US dollars.
· 3D artwork – including installations
Two views showing two different perspectives must be provided.
Naming Format: LastNameFirstName_Title_View_Size_Price.jpg.
Size must be indicated with Height, Width, and Depth in inches.
Price must be in US dollars.
Video: Naming format: LastNameFirstName_Title_Price(USD)
If you wish to join ISEA as a member, please go to: www.iseaartexhibit.org
If you have any questions, please email us at: mailto: email@example.com
This year's distinguished juror is Brenda Malkinson. Malkinson has participated in numerous art juror opportunities for: public galleries, non-profit societies, artist grants, group exhibitions and artist awards. Brenda holds a diploma from Alberta College of Art and Design (ACAD). Malkinson is a practicing artist in stained glass and woodblock printing. www.Brendamalkinson.com