Louisville Art Association
PO Box 852
Louisville, CO 80027
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Photography
Entry Deadline: 6/7/20
Images - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 6
Total Media - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 6
26th National Juried Photography Show and Sale – 2020
Call for Entries
The 2020 Louisville Art Association National Juried Photography Show and Sale, sponsored by Mike's Camera, takes place in Louisville, Colorado, a beautiful historic city on Colorado’s Front Range. The venue is the Louisville Center for the Arts, an old Victorian, turn-of-the-century, red brick schoolhouse. This historic venue offers participating artists the opportunity to display artwork in an elegant gallery setting. Historic Downtown Louisville offers an array of art galleries, related shops, businesses, restaurants and cafes.
LOUISVILLE PHOTOGRAPHY SHOW AND SALE 2020 SPONSORS
- Mike's Camera
- The Louisville Art Association in conjunction with the City of Louisville,
- The Scientific & Cultural Facilities District,
At least $4,200 in cash and prizes will be awarded along with recognition awards including Best in Show and First Place in each category, Honorable Mention awards and the People’s Choice award.
IMPORTANT DATES AT-A-GLANCE
- Entry Deadline June 7, 2020
- Notification of Acceptance June 18, 2020
- Delivery of Art September 2, 2020
- Hand Delivery of Art (5-7PM) September 7, 2020
- Show Gallery Open Dates September 8 - 13, 2020
- Awards Reception September 12, 2020 6pm-9pm
- Show Closes September 13, 2020 4pm
2020 National Photography Show Categories
When submitting your entries to the CallForEntry.org (CaFÉ) website (see instructions below), please choose the category that fits each of your images the best. Use the Category Name codes given below:
1) Digital Manipulation – (BW and Color) This category includes photos that are significantly modified using computer post-processing techniques. This includes composites (a combination of two or more photos); HDR, the addition, duplication, deletions or moving of objects in the photo; or the use of artistic digital filters and effects. Examples of artistic filters and effects are watercolor, neon glow, stained glass and others which do not show the scene, person or animal in their natural way. Category Name - DM
The Categories below have limited post-production processing, similar to the traditional darkroom process. This includes adjustments to color, contrast, brightness and sharpness; removal of dust and scratches; burning, dodging, and cropping, etc. Major digital modifications should be entered in the “DM” category above.3) People – (BW and Color) Images of people including individual portraits, group photos or photos where a person or persons are the main subject in the photo. Category Name - P
4) Animal & Wildlife – (BW and Color) Images of domesticated animals or animals in the wild, either individual animals or groups of animals or photos where the main subject is the animal(s). Category Name - AW
5) Nature Created – (BW and Color) This category includes landscapes, waterfalls, rivers and natural habitat flora where nature is the main subject of the photo. This includes macro images. Category Name - NC
6) Human Made – (BW and Color) Images of architecture, city/botanic gardens, street scenes, cars, trucks, bridges, etc., where human-created objects are the main subject of the photo. This includes macro images. Category name - HM
7) Still life and Abstracts -- (BW and Color) includes arranged florals or in studio setup of any subject matter. Abstracts are images shot in the camera where the subject matter is identifiable or not easily identifiable with limited post processing. Abstracts created with significant post-processing should be entered in the “DM” category. Category Name - SLA
Jesse McLaughlin moved to Colorado about 10 years ago from the Pacific Northwest. He started his photographic journey in Colorado by joining the Lone Tree Photography Club (LTPC), attending meetings, meetups, overnight trips, and entering their photo competitions. He also became a member of the Professional Photographers of Colorado (PPC), which is the state affiliate for Professional Photographers of America and started competing in their shows. He’s been awarded Photographer of the Year by the Professional Photographers of Colorado and was awarded the degree of Master Photographer by the Professional Photographers of America. He is a Certified Professional Photographer. Jesse served as president of both LTPC and PPC organizations for several years. His website is www.jessemclaughlinphotography.com.
Jesse owned and operated an art gallery in the Art District on Santa Fe, in Denver, for four years where he hosted several photo competitions and exhibitions. He currently enjoys spending as much time with his kids as possible before they become teenagers.
RULES OF PARTICIPATION
- ALL Work must be the original work of the photographer and executed in a professional manner. Work shown in previous LAA National shows will NOT be accepted.
- Digital entries only – all images should be in .jpg or .jpeg format, and at least 1200 pixels along the longest edge, in SRGB color space. File size must be less than 5 megabytes. The Accepted art price must include all your preparation costs (e.g. framing cost, etc.). No changes will be made from the CallForEntry.org (CaFÉ) price listed on the day of delivery.
- Framed size limit is 48 inches on the longest side.
- Work must be suitable for a general audience of all ages, no frontal nudity. The LAA reserves the right to reject any photograph that is not deemed to be appropriate.
- Entry fees are non-refundable (unless the event is cancelled). The fee for the first three pieces is $40 and $10 for each additional entry. Limit of 6 entries per person.
- If your work is selected by the judge for the juried show you may display up to 6 pieces of matted bin work or cards for sale.
- All sales will be conducted by the LAA and a 25% commission is charged on all work sold. This means that if a piece of juried-in art or bin art is priced at $100, the artist will receive $75 and LAA will receive $25 in commission fees. Please make sure to price your juried-in art and bin art accordingly.
- ALL ACCEPTED PHOTOGRAPHY AND BIN WORK, must be clearly labeled with the photographer’s name, item name, and price. You MUST submit a completed inventory sheet for all work. A blank inventory sheet will be sent with the acceptance letter. Such work is to be shipped or hand-delivered per the same deadline as the juried-in work.
- Shipped work MUST CONTAIN PRE-PAID POSTAGE and PAPERWORK for return shipping. If the postage and paperwork is not contained, your work will NOT be considered. Shipping: Artwork must be shipped in strong, reusable cartons or crates with no freefloating Styrofoam popcorn packing.
- All exhibition work must be properly framed, wired and otherwise ready to hang. NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS, NO EXPOSED GLASS EDGES and NO CLEATS. Work not properly framed or damaged in shipment will not be hung or judged.
- PARTICIPANT’S WAIVER: Submission of work automatically waives any claim for damage or loss against the Louisville Art Association, including the officers, members and employees. Submission allows LAA to use images in promotional material, with credit given to the photographer.
DO NOT MAIL OR SHIP ANYTHING TO THE CENTER FOR THE ARTS!!!
HOW TO ENTER
Online submission and fees are being handled ONLY by CallForEntry.org (CaFÉ) at https://www.callforentry.org. Please go to their website and follow the easy instructions to first register as an artist and then submit your images. You can search within CallForEntry.org (CaFÉ) for the Louisville Art Association Juried National Photography Show and Sale by the entry deadline date which is June 7, 2020. CallForEntry.org’s (CaFÉ’s) submission process and uploading of your images is simple and easy to use. Cost is $40 for the first 3 images, then $10 for each image added up to 6 images.
- Must use .JPG or .jpeg format.
- Size of the image must be a minimum of 1200 pixels along the longest edge. No masking or background canvas necessary.
- File size must be less than 5 megabytes.
- DO NOT Watermark your images
- June 7, 2020 - CallForEntry.org (CaFÉ) Entry Deadline
- June 18, 2020 - Notification of Entrants of Acceptance or Non-Acceptance
- September 2, 2020 - Deadline for Delivery of Shipped Artwork to Delivered to LAA 2020 National Photography Show, c/o Bolder Insurance, 800 Jefferson Ave, Louisville, Co 80027 - Phone: (303) 449-9595
- September 7, 2020 5pm-7pm - Hand-delivered work juried-in must be brought to the Louisville Center for the Arts between 5pm and 7 pm ONLY. Address, 801 Grant Ave. Louisville, Colorado
- September 12, 2020 - Reception and Award Ceremony from 6pm to 9pm at the Louisville Center of the Arts , 801 Grant Ave, Louisville, CO 80027
- September 13, 2020 - Pick up hand-delivered work between 4pm and 6 pm. No early pickup. No storage is available after 6pm
- September 14, 2020 - Unsold work will be returned ONLY via the pre-paid shipping label furnished by you when you shipped your artwork to us. Any pieces not picked up will be donated to a charity.
Submission to this Exhibition constitutes acceptance of stated conditions and includes permission to photograph accepted artwork for publicity purposes.
Questions? Please email or call:
Rich Saxon - (720) 313-3095
Kirk Fry - (303) 940-9729
Steve Markman - (408) 438-3516