Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 3/3/20
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
In recognition of the 20th installment of Art in the Atrium, the City of Frisco, TX seeks original, 2-dimensional artworks for an exhibition that will showcase the extraordinary work of area artists at the beginning of a new decade. Artists from Frisco and the surrounding area are encouraged to submit artworks and artist's statements that represent their artistic vision for 2020 and beyond.
Art in the Atrium: Vision 2020 is scheduled for Monday, April 6, 2020 through Friday, September 11, 2020.
ELIGIBILITY and SUBMISSION
- All artworks must be original and not infringe on the copyrighted content of any other party.
- Artists may submit up to three (3) images of original artwork, available for loan Wednesday, April 1, 2020 through Monday, September 14, 2020. Exhibited works will be selected by the Public Art Board based on the criteria listed below. Not all submitted artworks may be chosen for the exhibition.
- All artworks must be framed and suitable for hanging with wire securely attached when dropped off on Wednesday, April 1, 2020. Unframed canvases with wire securely attached are acceptable but must have finished edges.
- No 3-Dimensional artworks will be considered.
- Photographs submitted must be printed on quality paper at a resolution of at least 300 dpi.
- The maximum artwork size is 60 inches (vertical) x 60 inches (horizontal).
- Submissions will be accepted only through www.callforentry.org. Interested artists must submit the following items on or before Tuesday, March 3, 2020.
- Current contact information
- An artist's statement describing your artistic vision for 2020 and beyond that will be featured on the artwork label (50 – 75 words). You may also list one social media account and one website to promote your work.
- No more than three (3) digital images of artwork following the image format requirements listed below
IMAGE FORMAT REQUIREMENTS
- Submit images in .jpg format. Only submit images with a minimum of 1200 pixels on the shortest side.
- Include the following annotations for each image.
- Artist’s name
- Title of artwork
- Date of completion
- Size in inches: Vertical x Horizontal
- Description that would help the Public Art Board understand your motivation, themes and/or process
- Price of artwork, if for sale
All artwork submissions to the City of Frisco’s Art in the Atrium: Vision 2020 exhibition will be reviewed by the Frisco Public Art Board. All artists will receive written notice of acceptance or rejection of their submission(s).
Selection criteria includes:
- Does the artwork comply with the Eligibility and Submission requirements listed above? Failure to follow any of those requirements will result in immediate disqualification from consideration.
- Appropriateness of content as determined by the Public Art Board and the City’s Public Art Administrator.
- Uniqueness and originality
- Visual impact
- Demonstrated excellence of technique
While the City of Frisco respects the freedom of expression in the visual arts, the City reserves the right to remove or relocate artwork at its sole discretion.
EXHIBITION LOCATIONS and LIMITATIONS
Placement of artwork is at the sole discretion of the Public Art Board and the Public Art Administrator and will be limited to the following areas inside the George A. Purefoy Municipal Center. Artists may not request that their artworks be moved to another location.
First Floor: Atrium Lobby
Second Floor: Atrium and Stairwell
Third Floor: Atrium and Stairwell
Fourth Floor: Atrium and Stairwell
Fifth Floor: Commons Area
Artwork on display at the George A. Purefoy Municipal Center may be for sale by the artist loaning the artwork provided that any artwork sold remains on display until the conclusion of the exhibition. Early removal may be approved by the Public Art Administrator with prior written consent, but the artist must provide a suitable replacement of similar size without delay.
The artist is responsible for all aspects of the sale. The City of Frisco does not receive a commission on or compensation from the sale of artwork in Art in the Atrium: Vision 2020.
PURCHASE FOR PERMANENT COLLECTION
It is the intent of the City of Frisco to enhance its permanent public art collection through acquisitions. Artwork submitted to Art in the Atrium: Vision 2020 may be considered by the Public Art Board for purchase into the City of Frisco’s permanent collection. If the City chooses to select an artwork for purchase, a contract will be negotiated between the artist and the City.
Selected artists will be required to sign a loan agreement for their artworks. All loan agreements must be signed and delivered with the artwork on Wednesday, April 1, 2020. Artists under the age of 18 must have the loan agreement signed by a parent or guardian.
SCHEDULE (Subject to Change)
- Thursday, February 20, 2020, 4 pm: The deadline for accepting Questions for Art in the Atrium: Vision 2020. All questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday, March 3, 2020: The deadline for accepting submissions to Art in the Atrium: Vision 2020
- By March 20, 2020: Selection process and notification to artists
- Wednesday, April 1, 2020 – 10 am to 2 pm, and 4 to 8 pm: Artists drop off selected artwork, framed and ready to hang, and original signed loan agreement at the George A. Purefoy Municipal Center (6101 Frisco Square Blvd., Frisco, TX 75034), 1st floor Executive Conference Room (Rm C130). Artists are encouraged to keep a copy of the signed agreement for their records. NOTE: This is the only day artwork will be accepted. Shipping artworks to the location is not permitted. If the artist cannot deliver it, please arrange for delivery of the artwork by someone else.
- Monday, April 6, 2020: Exhibition opens
- Wednesday, April 15, 2020 – 6:30 to 8 pm: Artist Reception
- Friday, September 11, 2020: Exhibition closes
- Monday, September 14, 2020 – 10 am to 2 pm, and 4 to 8 pm: Artists pick up artwork at the George A. Purefoy Municipal Center (6101 Frisco Square Blvd., Frisco, TX 75034), 1st floor Executive Conference Room (Rm C130). NOTE: This is the only day artwork can be picked up. If the artist cannot retrieve it, please arrange for artwork pick up by someone else.
If you have any questions, please send them to the Frisco Purchasing Division at email@example.com. Questions should be submitted by Thursday, February 20, 2020, 4 pm.