101B Augusta Street
Contact Email: Robin@artisphere.org
Call Type: Exhibitions
State: South Carolina
Event Dates: 5/8/20 - 5/10/20
Entry Deadline: 4/30/20
Days remaining to deadline: 23
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
ABOUT THE EVENT
The 2020 Artists of the Upstate Juried Exhibition is a local art exhibition presented by Artisphere (supported by a grant from the Metropolitan Arts Council). It is open to artists 18+ living in Upstate South Carolina (Greenville, Spartanburg, Anderson, Pickens, Oconee, Greenwood, Laurens, Cherokee, Union, Abbeville counties). Entries must be original works of art that have been completed within the last three years. This juried exhibition seeks to recognize the outstanding quality and diversity of work being generated by artists of Upstate South Carolina. Entries in all media categories will be accepted but should not exceed 40 pounds in weight or 60 inches in height or width. The exhibition is not judged in media categories.
All original works must be received ready for exhibition with appropriate hardware for wall hanging in place. Works on paper must be framed and under glass or plexiglass. We are unable to accept work that requires special instructions or installation by the artist. Works not adequately prepared for display will be withdrawn from the exhibition. The 2020 artists of the Upstate Juror will serve as the final authority on eligibility.
A non-refundable fee of $30 enables each artist to enter up to two works. Please submit one digital image per work to be juried. The deadline to apply is April 30, 2020.
- Each image file must be in .jpg format and should not exceed 5 MB in size.
- All images must be correctly oriented.
Four cash prizes will be distributed including:
- Best in Show ($1,000)
- 2nd Place ($750)
- 3rd Place ($500)
- Merit Award ($250)
- Deadline for Entry: Thursday, April 30, 2020
- Notification of acceptance emailed: Friday, May 29, 2020
- DROP-OFF OF ACCEPTED WORK IN THE COURTYARD BETWEEN RICK ERWIN’S NANTUCKET SEAFOOD AND CITY HALL (211 S. Main St., downtown Greenville): Thursday, August 20, 2020 TBD
- Exhibition Dates: August 21-23, 2020 (tented, outdoors, courtyard between Rick's Nantucket Seafood and City Hall)
- Opening Reception: Friday, August 21, 2020 6pm – 8pm
- Pick up accepted work in the COURTYARD BETWEEN RICK ERWIN’S NANTUCKET SEAFOOD AND CITY HALL: Monday, August 24, 2020 9am - Noon
ABOUT THE JUROR / JESSICA HELFRECHT
Program Director, MINT Gallery, Atlanta, GA
Jessica Helfrecht, Program Director for the MINT Gallery in Atlanta, GA, will serve as Juror for the 2020 Artists of the Upstate exhibit. Jessica has over 25 years of experience in the nonprofit arts sector, ranging from opening four galleries to leading the growth of existing organizations. This has required not only vision and fundraising, but also collaborative work to facilitate partnerships with artists and patrons, coordinate events, and develop opportunities for outreach and visibility. As the Interim Executive Director at MINT, Helfrecht provides leadership for the organization, coordinates the four galleries’ exhibition schedules and serves as the main point of contact for the artists served through the Leap Year, MINTernship and Studio Artists programs.